November 2014 Moms

1st time sick

So... My hubby has been ill since Sunday (bad cold?) and now I've just woken up with a terrible sore throat. I rarely get sick and this is my first time being ill since having my 4 month old. Stupid question but what do I do with my baby? Do I keep my distance or just wash my hands like crazy to try to keep germs at bay? Baby is breast fed almost entirely with 1-2 formula bottles at night (she has breast milk out of the bottle bc I had a breast reduction years ago...if that matters).

Feeling a bit dumb but I honestly don't know what to do. First time mama! I don't usually run to the doctor at first sign of sickness but I plan to call doctor when office opens. Thx!!

Re: 1st time sick

• Since you breastfeed your LO you are one step ahead! Keep washing your hands and arms (picking up a bottle of hand sanitizer with aloe will help save your skin some) before touching him/her. As you get over your cold, your antibodies will pass in the milk to them. Just be careful and check with your babies doctor about what medicine you can take with breastfeeding. We had the stomach flu pass through our house but thankfully I got it first and passed the antibodies to my LO before the hubs got it so he was able to help take care of him. Good luck!
  • Thanks Cubicl!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"