1st Trimester

HCG levels

I went for my blood test today (my doctor requires one) and the hcg levels were only 336 but I'm only 4 weeks along, my doctor won't make an appointment until they are over 1000 so I go back next Thursday. Has anyone been tested this early and had a lower number and had a normal pregnancy?

Re: HCG levels

• Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited March 2015
    This chart should answer your question. And from what i have read it is more important if they are doubling every 48-72hrs vs the number. You may be earlier than you think if you ovulated late.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes it is def more important that they double. My first HCG was 172.5 and 48 hours later was 476. My first pregnancy my levels went from 369 to 3675 in 48 hours! Each pregnancy is so different so you can't compare. As long as they double it is good!!! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks! I'm going in a week so fingers crossed!
  • Hi Mag,

11 dpo=21
    13 dpo=49
    17 dpo=99
    24dpo=4972!!

As you can see it took 4 days for my hcg to double from 49-99. I had to wait a week for the last blood draw. My RE told me I was still very early and not to worry. The wait is the hardest part. Good luck!!

• i had low hcg levels throughout my entire pregnancy - some dr's were recommending injections to supplement, but my midwife assured me many women just have low hormone levels overall, and are able to carry a full term pregnancy without fitting into the "textbook" model. sure enough, i had a perfectly normal and all natural birth 2 days past my due date with zero complications. in fact, i also had almost no "symptoms" like nausea, tiredness, cramps, etc. because my hormones were so low. looking back on it now, i never really had any symptoms during periods either (pms, mood swings, cravings, breakouts etc) another indicator that im just a low horomone person. so dont worry too much if you dont fit the text book model - its not always right.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you, enchanted78.  I go for my third draw today.  First was 65, second was 135 (doubled!) and nervous and excited about today.  =)

• Thank you! I just got the call that my second blood draw this morning my numbers were 5698
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"