September 2015 Moms
Options

14 weeks and still have morning sickness

I am 14 weeks and have yet to hit the "blissful" second trimester. I'm still very sick throughout the day. I'm on a prescription and off prenatal vitamins, watching what I eat, drinking lots of water... I just don't know what else to do. I'm hoping it will pass soon, but worried that I might be one of those people who is sick the entire pregnancy. Is anyone else 14/15 weeks and still sick?

Re: 14 weeks and still have morning sickness

• Options
    I was sick to almost 17 weeks my first pregnancy. I was so frustrated! I thought the magical 13 weeks would bring such relief, but I didn't get it. This pregnancy is better, thankfully, but everyone is different. My sister was sick until 20 weeks with her 4 baby, which was the longest she was sick with any pregnancy. Always different. Hang in there momma!!!! :)
  • Options
    I'm 13 weeks and still have full on morning sickness. ALL DAY LONG, EVERY DAY. :'( And it's not slowing down at all. From what I understand most people get over it around 12-14 weeks, and then a smaller group of people won't get over it until around 16 weeks. Anything longer than that is just unlucky :/ But it happens. Hopefully you're not one of those unlucky ones. Me too. That's my biggest fear.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're still sick. I'm 13w3d and I still get sick too. Mostly at night, but it's killer because I'm so tired and all I want to do is rest, but I feel so crummy, even that's hard to do. Hang in there, it does ease up eventually. With my son I was sick for more than half my pregnancy. It can be really tough, but in the end you'll forget about all the suffering. It just doesn't seem that way when you're going through it.
  • Options
    I just started to feel better and I just hit 16 weeks. I wasn't physically ill much but I could barely stomach food, smells etc. I feel pretty normal now. My cousin bought me these things called preggie pop drops and they were super big help. I hope you get out of the bad zone soon!
  • Options
    I'm 15w4d I was hoping for the same second trimester you're supposed to get nausea relief but unfortunately for me I have no relief yet throwing up so much my face has a bunch of little red dots everywhere due to the blood vessels popping from frequent violent vomiting :/ and I hard to quit my job I was more sick than actually at work
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Work is my worry right now. I can't quit, but my "normal" is sick and so I can't just call in sick every day. I'm glad to hear people say that 14-16 weeks is ok and should still get better. Fingers crossed!! Thanks - this helped a lot!! I feel better about it now. ☺️
  • Options
    Aw I'm sorry girl! I'm 13weeks and it's not easing up too much either... I thought it was but then yesterday my husband, in laws and I were waiting in line for breakfast and BAM threw up on my husbands shoes...... Embarrassing and hilarious all the same lol
  • Options
    That's how I felt!! I thought I was better for like a day or two and then I puked in the shower and then the car... It's not stop all over again!
  • Options
    16 weeks tomorrow and I'm still throwing up. Woohoo..
  • Options
    I'm 15 weeks and still sick all day, everyday. I've had to go on medical leave because I've missed so much work. (I was also hospitalized because of dehydration/low blood pressure). I've tried 5 different medications - none worked. Just taking it one day at a time. I'm sorry you're still sick, but it's nice to know we're not alone! The end result is definitely worth it.
  • Options
    I'm 15 weeks and most days still feel miserably nauseous and fatigued to the point where I just can't do much but lie around. Some days I puke but usually it's just the horrible nausea :-/ heres to hoping it gets better for all of us soon
  • Options
    I am 13w2d and I feel like I can't function. :(( I feel sick all day and food doesn't appeal to me at all. The only thing I have been able to eat that doesn't upset my stomach is ice cream which is definitely not healthy and I don't want to gain 100lbs. Any tips or tricks to get through the day?
  • Options
    @kebar18 it's rough. I'm so sick of food and nothing sounds good at all :/ hoping our aversions and tastebuds change soon
  • Options
    Hi!!! OMG I was beginning to think it was only me experiencing constant sickness (nausea and vomiting) . I'm around 13 weeks (still waiting for my dating scan) and even though it's my 3rd time it seems worse than ever!!! I live in the UK and here GPs are so reluctant to prescribe any anti-sickness tablets. I ended up in hospital with both pregnancies for rehydration. It's a daily struggle for me to eat and drink, I'm so emotional and it's not helping, I was lucky to have 2 weeks annual leave at the time followed by a week off sick, I'm due back to work today and don't look forward to it. Really hope this goes away soon and so want to have a dewy glow so many women have ... good luck to all expecting mothers, if anyone happens to come across the magic cure please feel free to share ;)
  • Options
    13w3d still having morning sickness. thought I would try and stop taking zofran to see if I could go without it...bad idea! I'll try again next week. and can I just say I'm kinda sick of hearing "haven't you seen that commercial about zofran" from my extended family. anyone else getting that?
  • Options
    I was sick with my first until around 7.5-8 months! This time I'm almost 14 weeks and still get waves of nauseousness but not nearly as bad as my first. Hope you get some relief soon!
  • Options
    My morning sickness only went away somewhere between week 14 and 15. Hang in there. Hopefully it'll disappear for you any day now!
  • Options
    I was sick until 22 weeks during my last pregnancy. Although, not as sick as last time, I'm still not feeling great this time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks tomorrow, still throwing up and exhausted :( I pretty much quit taking my zofran, didn't seem to help and I think I was just throwing it up. early mornings are the WORST, I get up at 6 on Mondays and Wednesdays and it makes me feel even sicker. praying for this to pass soon :(
  • Options
    I'm 14w5d and still get pretty nauseous and gaggy by evening... Unisom really helps me feel ok during the day... My dr suggested it... Take a tablet at bed, it helps me go to sleep when I feel so miserable and I wake up feeling pretty decent.
  • Options
    This is why I appreciate this website! I'm at 12w4d and still crazy sick. Of all of the moms I've talked to, no one has had morning sickness like I have. I have lost weight and am not hungry for anything. I knew I couldn't be the only pregnant lady going through this! I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for all of us and sooner rather than later!!
  • Options
    I have had 24/7 nausea and vomiting so I know how yall feel. From 6 weeks-12 weeks I know I've thrown up at least 250 times. I hit the 13 week mark on Monday and it's like someone flipped a switch. I didn't have that lingering nauseated feeling that's always there. I was able to actually get some work done. Nausea still comes back at night time, but I try to be in bed by 7:30 and as long as I don't move I won't vomit... Mostly. I take Diclegis around 8:00/8:30 and I usually am trying to sleep by 9:00/9:30. I really pray everyone else's improves. It's the worst feeling in the world. We wanted a baby for 2 years and I think I've been miserable from nausea and vomiting the whole time. Another thing that helps me is resting. Even when I don't think I need it, just sitting for 20 minutes or even taking a nap. The more tired you are the more nauseated it will make you. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    I feel your pain...15w4d and still sick
  • Options
    @itzmrscoe I'm so tired of the Zofran commercials and the ads popping up on facebook! As if it's not bad enough having to take it anyway! I'm trying my best to get through days without it but it is mental and physically exhausting! Best of luck to you!

Being sick literally all day today and reading this post made me feel so much better. Im not alone! Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Ms has morphed into a something different. I'm at 14w, but now I get a couple of blissful ms free days, that lull me into a false sense of security that it's over, followed by 3 really, really bad days. I ran out of Zofran and thought I could get by without it....yeaaah. Renewing my prescription today.
  • Options
    I'm 16w3d and I'm still sick. I'm on a prescription that helps 100%, but I ran out on Thursday. I have a dr appointment today so I keep telling myself I can hold out that long! They had to put me on a prescription because I'd lost 12 lbs in the first trimester. I'm still not up to my prepregnancy weight yet!
  • Options
    I'm still sick too at 14 weeks. The fatigue and constipation are still in full force too. I want to feel better and maybe enjoy this pregnancy just a little bit.
  • Options
    sophjsophj member
    I was really, really sick until my mid 15th week then I started to improve but I have total sympathy. Hang in. You're not alone.
  • Options
    Same here. Just about 15 weeks and no end in sight. Still on Zofran. Still vomiting everyday and was hospitalized for dehydration. It's been interfering with work and makes me miserable everyday. Just praying it'll let up soon.
  • Options
    I think I posted at exactly the same point at my wits end with being sick. "Everyone says it goes away at 12-14 weeks"... Lies! All lies! But I am at 16 w and I just had my first weekend of being able to enjoy food. Not 100% yet as far as normal tastes, total lack of nausea,but for the first time in over 2 months, some things tasted good and I was hungry! Still taking diclegis at bedtime, as i wake up nauseous, but thats's an improvement over all day nausea! I'll try to stop in a few days, hopefully. Keep the faith! Try to eat what you can, and hopefully relief will come soon!
  • Options
    I'm 14 weeks also and i thought I was getting some relief because I'll have a day or 2 here and there when I feel ok but probably 5 days out of the week I feel like crap. Unisom helps but I can only take it at night because it makes me go to sleep. I usually wake up feeling pretty decent after taking it but between lunch time and 5 pm I have to puke again. Then i feel terrible the rest of the night until I go to bed. I'm so tired all the time I don't even have the energy to clean or cook. I can barely force myself to shower and brush my teeth. I've been crying most of the day today because I'm so sick of feeling miserable. Everyone keeps telling me it will get better but I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just want this to be over.
  • Options
    I'm 14 weeks 5 days. Still feeling sick, still exhausted and still having food aversions. But it has eased up a lot
  • Options
    17 weeks tomorrow and having another bout of all day nausea for the last 4-5 days after having a week plus of just PM nausea. I was really hoping it was over with, ugh. Now, I'm looking for the next goal of 20 weeks and hoping that will be my start of being nausea free. Totally afraid of being sick this entire pregnancy...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"