3rd Trimester

Only 39 weeks and family driving me insane

So I'm 39 weeks and 2 days. For the last 2 weeks my family has been pretty much harassing me about going into labour. I know they are excited but it's driving me up the wall! I'm at the point were I'm not going to let them know when I go into labour just to have some space. I get phone calls and texts daily asking how I feel and that baby is stubborn. I keep reminding them that baby isn't even late but they just shrug it off. I'm just so annoyed at this point..
Sorry I really need to vent.. How many of you experienced this and what did you do about it. I'm just ignoring it right now cause what's the point..

Re: Only 39 weeks and family driving me insane

• sslager said:

So I'm 39 weeks and 2 days. For the last 2 weeks my family has been pretty much harassing me about going into labour. I know they are excited but it's driving me up the wall! I'm at the point were I'm not going to let them know when I go into labour just to have some space. I get phone calls and texts daily asking how I feel and that baby is stubborn. I keep reminding them that baby isn't even late but they just shrug it off. I'm just so annoyed at this point..
    Sorry I really need to vent.. How many of you experienced this and what did you do about it. I'm just ignoring it right now cause what's the point..

My son enjoyed womb service until almost 42 weeks. My family & friends joked I was giving birth to a toddler. ;)

Just ignore them & enjoy these last weeks.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm just entering the 3rd tri, so I have no experience with this. But I wanted to say that my family will probably also do this and it will annoy the frickin' shizz outta me, so I'm sorry you're going thru it. Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't plan on telling people when I go into labor and I also have refused to tell anybody my due date hoping to avoid the harassment! When they ask how many days are left I say I have no way of telling when the baby is coming and I give a week range (for example my due date is two weeks away so I say 2-4 weeks since 2 weeks over is normal!). Or if I don't know them well and they are being annoying I tell them a month.