May 2015 Moms
Options

How to slow down the weight gain?

So I just went in for my 28th week check up and everything is looking great other than my weight. The doctor that I saw said she's worried that I'm going to reach my max weight before I give birth, so she said to cut back on how much I eat, snacks, junk food, and juices. I would be perfectly fine with that other than the fact that I've done that from the get go. I have one day a week that I kinda "splurge" and have some treats, I walk ever day and do yoga but still gained a bunch of weight. Any ideas that might help? Please and thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    I gained a lot of weight in the middle of the second trimester which kind of freaked me out so I started using a calorie tracker app that helped me to see I was actually eating too much...more than I thought I was. It helped me to scale back and make healthier choices and I've been feeling more in control of my weight lately. Although, some weeks I gain a few pounds and other weeks I don't gain any. Everyone's bodies are different so I don't know why doctors focus so much on the weight gain aspect. As long as you and the baby are getting nutrients and weight gain isn't totally out of control why does it really matter?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hate when doctors pressure a certain amount of weight to gain. I've known people that ate junk and didn't exercise throughout their pregnancy and only gained 20 lbs and others who stayed fit and ate healthy and still gained 50lbs. Count nutrients, not calories.
  • Options
    Try taking a walk after each meal. It's really helped me
  • Options
    Ignore the doctor and their insane ideas that there is an ideal weight/amount to gain. It sounds like you're living healthy and I would just step away from the scale. My midwives don't even weigh me because it's not necessary or indicative of issues on its own. As women we're always under weight pressures from men and society and pregnancy is no difference.
  • Options
    Don't stress over the amount of weight unless you're not gaining enough. It sounds like you're eating right and exercising, so there's nothing else to do other than withhold food which is not healthy. With my first baby I gained 30 lbs eating healthy and exercising this time I've not been able to move as much due to a car accident and still am down 15 lbs, but that's due to severe vomiting! Which has scared my doctor. Us pregnant ladies can't win for anything either we weigh too much or aren't gaining enough weight! Continue to be happy and healthy and forget the scale till after your LO is here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"