3rd Trimester

37 week Dr visit

Went to the doctor on Wednesday and I'm already 3 centimeters dialated and 80% efased. How much longer? My due date is March31st.

Re: 37 week Dr visit

• Mines march 30. On Thursday I was 2 cm and 80% effaced. OB only said see you Monday (next scheduled appt) unless you need me sooner. Could be days could be weeks from what I've been reading but you're as almost there!
  • I'm due 4/9 and at my 36 week appt, I'm already 3cm and 90%. My doctor said to not go to work unless I wanted to deliver. She said to relax and take it easy and I may make it to 37w. A little doubtful I will. My son was born 10 weeks early and I dilated very fast with him.
  • Loading the player...
  • @smeame14 were you effaced too? I have several friends who were 2-4cm for weeks but not effaced.

I'm high risk just due to my previous pre term delivery.
  • No telling. With DS I was 2 cm and 80% at 36 weeks and still was induced at 41 weeks. I tell any mommy to be friends not to get too excited or anxious with these numbers.
  • PercillaG said:

Went to the doctor on Wednesday and I'm already 3 centimeters dialated and 80% efased. How much longer? My due date is March31st.

How would anyone know?
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • PercillaG said:

We can't possibly tell you. I came into L&D 5-6cm progressed each time. It's all bonus progress until active, painful, & working contractions.

I went to almost 42 weeks with my son.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm almost 37 weeks and I have my first internal today. What should I expect? I've been reading to not read too much into the numbers that are going to be given to me. It's just so damn exciting how can you not, especially being a first time mom. 
  • With my first pregnancy, I walked around for 4 weeks at 3 cm dilated and 50% effacement. I delivered my son in 15 hours on the day after my due date.

With my second pregnancy, I was 3 cm dilated with no effacement. I delivered in 2 hours on the day after my due date.

With my third pregnancy, I wasn't dilated or effaced at all. I was 6 cm by the time I checked in the hospital and had my daughter in 4.5 hours.......on the day after my due date.

My point is, your current progress means very little when it comes to the start of labor. Your body can prepare ahead of time but it's up to the baby to trigger labor. (It's thought that secretions from the baby's lungs into the amniotic fluid is what triggers uterine contractions, since that signals that the baby's lungs are ready for the outside environment.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"