May 2015 Moms
Options

Induce to avoid same birthday as first child

2»

Re: Induce to avoid same birthday as first child

• Options
    Like mentioned above, it's not a good idea. Baby #3 was born at 37 weeks 4 days and had trouble holding his blood sugar, digesting food, jaundice. We had a feeding tube and breathing treatments and I had a healthy pregnancy, he also died during labor. Trust me, though he is fine now, you don't want to force a child who isn't ready. Maybe none of this stuff happens to your baby, but do you want to risk it?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    39 weeks for any elective induction or c/s.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am due on the 19th and my 7 year olds birthday is the 16th. I have been really worried that I will go into labor on his birthday. I've talked to my doctor about being induced early for other reasons as well and she said that for insurance reasons the earliest they can induce is 1 week before the due date. That puts me at the 12th. I am happy with that. Check with your doctor and your insurance.
  • Options
    My brother's birthday is two days before mine. It honestly does not affect us in any way. Plus your son is 14. It's not like he's 4 and his birthday is something he waits and waits all year for. I think a 14 year old would be able to handle it. You might very well go right on your due date or a day or two late and their birthdays will still be a few days apart, or a week early. Odds are it won't be the same day. But who knows
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    I agree, don't get induced early. My son was two weeks late and they induced me. I ended up having an emergency c section because the babies heart rate was dropping because he was not recovering from the contractions. Just let baby come when baby is ready.
  • Options
    It's really best to leave baby until they're ready to be born - remember, they know when it's time. Plus, using an unnecessary intervention to start birth greatly increases the chances of having additional interventions along the way.

As nice as it would be to not have your kids share a birthday, in the off chance that it happens, I'm sure you can find ways to make them feel like they each have their own celebration.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Most ob's will not induce labor at 38 weeks without a medical reason. Inducing labor is something they would really like to avoid and a lot of times when you are induce it makes labor very long. I would just let the baby come will they are going to come.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"