April 2015 Moms
Options

MIL

I don't understand why my MIL Thinks we have all this money right now with a baby due in 4 weeks. She's constantly asking me for money and then, she wants to talk bad about me because I won't provide for her, when me and her son are already doing the best we can with a little one on the way. Ugh. I'm at the point of flipping out and telling her off. I swear, she thinks she needs to be the center of attention all the time. She made my baby shower all about her and it's aggravating. I just wanna scream.

Re: MIL

• Options
    Why should you be supporting her?

Tell her to be an adult and get a job and provide for herself.
  • Options
    @nursemom83 she lives with us. She collects disability from the government because she has seizures. She has to be watch 24/7.. She's 47 and acts like she's 14. It's a rough situation to the point I don't want her at the hospital when my daughter is born.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh that's horrible. Any chance she will ever move out? I know she's young but she could be in a facility to watch her 24/7 so you don't have to
  • Options
    I think you're supporting her enough by letting her live with you.
  • Options
    @nursemom83 she completely refuses to go to a facility to have someone watch her. She barley takes her meds as it is. Yes, she helps pay bills and stuff but, she has an opinion about everything with our daughter. It's at the point where I don't even like being home in my own house. @mnharkcom I know, right?
  • Options
    Honestly, you sound like a saint. She wouldn't like it if she lived under my roof. I'd tell her she better take her meds or find somewhere else to live, which would likely be a facility where there isn't a choice. You have enough on your plate without an adult child to take care of as well.
  • Options
    Wondering what your hubby says, assuming you've talked with him about this. Can't imagine what your going through, IMO my MIL isn't welcome in the state never mind my home ;)
  • Options
    My hubby can't stand his mom hisself but, none of his other siblings were wiing to take her in because she's full of drama. I don't wanna kick her out because I know she has no where else to go and no one will take her.
  • Options
    Just tell her you already support her with housing and your tax dollars and not to be an ingrate. In fact, she can thank me, too.

Hang in there!
  • Options
    Well if she is noncompliant with her meds and treatments, sadly she won't be with us much longer. Sad.
  • Options
    Yuck! How did I miss this post! MILs can be a tough pill to swallow. I would make your husband speak with her 1 about supporting her financially and 2 lack of respect for you especially living under your roof and how imperative it is she show unwavering respect for you in front of your children. We had this conversation four times in four years with my MIL the respect thing, I think yearly she needed a pep talk to remind her who the parent was!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"