Third-Party Reproduction

*third-party reproduction check-in* march 9th

mm29mm29 member
edited March 2015 in Third-Party Reproduction
This weekly check-in is for anyone using/considering or who has used a 3rd party method of reproduction, including: Donor egg, donor sperm, embryo adoption, gestation carrier, or surrogate - also Donors, GC's and surrogates are welcome as well! If you don't check-in for 3 weeks you'll be removed from the list but we'll happily add you back next time you check in! 

*PLEASE NOTE: Board etiquette - please post a warning in message with BFPs announcements.

Check-In: How is it going? What are your next steps? 

QOTW:  What are your hobbies or interests? 

Currently Cycling/Scheduled
@Thespis7 – DS –IUI #6: in the dreaded TWW.  FX this is your cycle!! 
@ceemonkey – DEg/DS – in the dreaded TWW. Wishing you a lot of Luck!!! 
@2MamazInSeattle – DEg/DS – TTC # 2 Welcome back lady!!! Tx scheduled friday the 13th or ideally Day 5 is Sunday the 15th. 
@chicagobride07 – DEg – FET #5 - In the dreaded TWW, beta March 19.  Good Luck!!  

Waiting to Cycle
@Lacyj67 – DEg – ((Huge hugs)))  I hope AF shows her face soon!!  I'm so happy to hear the adoption is going well. FX for everything!!
@Km672 – DEg/DS – on a break while waiting to consult with Dr. KK. How did your consult go?
@mm29 – DEg/DS – Cycling in May.
@Jzyla - GL at your RE appt Feb. 20 and GL on your research for cycling overseas. When you have time please share what you have learned. 
@Love4Labs326 – DEm/IP-GS – Welcome back!! Good luck with your new path!
@smedina8 - IP-GS – Welcome!!! 
@refeek1 – DEg – FET #3= c/p (((Huge hugs)))  I hope your WTF brings some clarity and a new plan!

Donors/GC’s/Surrogates
@CinciSurro – GC – EDD 8/4/15! You haven't checked in for a while. Any updates?

Pregnant!
@1220winterbride – DEg – EDD 5/25/15 - It’s a GIRL!!!  I hope the iron supplement helps.  
@IRR - IP-GC -EDD 7/23/15  - It’s a GIRL!!!  
@RunCC37 – DEg – EDD 8/4/15. One beautiful little fighter!! Congrats on graduating!!
@CinciSurro – GC – BFP!! EDD 8/4/15. Twins. Congratulations x2!!
@KevinandJesse – IP-GC -EDD 7/19/15 - It’s a Boy!!! 

Parenting
@BeckyP005 – DEg – Baby Girl was born 02/3/15! Congratulations!! 
@DoublePortion – DEm – Boy/Girl twins born on 6/30/14! 
@e74 – DEm – Twin boys born in 2013!
@Lacyj67 – DEg – Parenting foster son! Baby G
@2MamazinSeattle – DEg/DS – Baby Simone Louise born on 8/21/14!!
@datingbettyboop – IP-GC – Baby Girl was born 02/10/15! Congratulations!! 
::: Married June 2003:::
TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
IVF# 4= c/p
***CCRM ODWU***
Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
***New RE***
DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
imageimage image 

Re: *third-party reproduction check-in* march 9th

• mm29mm29 member
    GL to @Thespis7, @ceemonkey, @chicagobride07 in your 2WW's.  I have everything crossed for you three!!

AFM: no update.  Is it May yet?

QOTW:  Pre-IF MM29 spent as much time possible in the winter strapped to my snowboard cruising down the mountain.  I'm pretty boring these days.  I can't wait until it's a little warmer so DH and I can take our dog on hikes!!  
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • Thespis7Thespis7 member
    edited March 2015
    Bfn mentioned

Hey ladies. I'm on 13dpo. I just tested with fmu and it was bfn. Then right after I tested I wiped and I have brown discharge which I'm thinking means AF is on the way. If she does not come today I go in the morning for beta. However, I am becoming depressed and trying to fight the mental battle. Like most of us it has been about a long fight. Over 5 years for me and this was my 6th fully medicated iui. Trying to stay positive and push forward but really feeling defeated.

GL to @ceemonkey and @chicagobride_07

Qotw: I'm a teacher we don't have time for hobbies. Haha. I love to travel internationally and discover new places. I also enjoy watching movies
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry @Thespis7. Sucks doesn't it?

I'm continuing to rain on the parade, I've been getting BFNs since Sunday. Tomorrow is my beta. This was my last attempt and I've had it in my head that this will be it as far as trying to carry a baby. Despite how long we've been doing this and how many transfers we've gone through I just can't believe it's over and we won't have a baby. I don't know what our next steps are, if any. DH has talked about adoption but I don't know...

QOTW: I don't know what my hobbies are, LOL. I feel like fertility treatments are my hobby. Guess I'll have to find something new.

SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 since Fall 2008
    High FSH, Sertoli Cell Only Syndrome
    Unsuccessful with my OE, moving to DE + DS
    DE + DS IVF #1: Dec 2012 - BFP, nothing at first u/s 
    DE + DS IVF #2: 3/14/13 - c/p
    DE + DS IVF #3: 7/12/13 - BFP! Finally! No heartbeat at 7w1d.
    DE + DS IVF #4: 5/16/14 - BFN
    DE + DS IVF #5: 9/3/14 - BFP at 5.5dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 9dp5dt: 438; hb of 133 at 6w5d, no hb at 7w1d
    DE + DS IVF #6: 3/3/15 - BFN on HPTs through 7dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 8dp5dt: 19, Beta 2 @ 10dp5dt: 76, nothing at u/s

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky 
  • Thinking about you @ceemonkey
  • @Thespis7 hugs :(
    @ceemonkey I am so very sorry. I wish this wasn't so hard for you. Many many hugs.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Km672Km672 member
    @ceemonkey - no!! no!! I hate this for you. I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for all you have been through. So very sorry.
    I hope you take some time to figure out your next steps. I can't believe this either. I'm not on board with adoption, so I totally get it.

I know cost was the major factor as to why you wouldn't explore RI treatments, and I completely understand that too, but if you ever think of exploring this option I recently saw Dr KK and would be happy to share my experience.

@chicagobride_07 - fx crossed for you-

Update: still waiting for my follow up with KK next week. I'm not looking forward to this conversation at all, but it's time to truly know what we are up against before we waste anymore time, energy or $ on treatment.

Qotw: I like to cook and watch the food network and being lazy reading fashion magazines

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• IRRIRR member
    @Thespis7  and @ceemonkey feeling sad for both of you.  I hope things will change for the better soon and ceemonkey, there are always options out there so just keep an open mind.

Hobbies:  I loved pottery class until the studio near my house closed.  I also like hiking, and playing tennis.  I hear what you all are saying with IVF being a hobby on its own.  I felt that way about adoption, actually I felt like that was a second job.

Hugs to all who need them.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• @mm29 thank you for doing this check in

ugh, sorry @thespis7 and @ceemonkey , wish and pray for some miraculous next steps...I've had so many bad days over the years where doubts take over and I fully understand not wanting to pursue another route. My 2 bits of advice will be just to love yourself and your husband as much as you can over the next few weeks despite what happens and make plans later. The imagination just doesn't stretch right when your heart is aching.

I am feeling well, still sleeping, etc. so i feel lucky about that. 

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for all the well wishes, ladies.  Just a week to go until beta!

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• e74e74 member
    I'm so sorry @ceemonkey and@thespis7. Good luck@chicagobride07!
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
    Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.
  • JzylaJzyla member
    Congrats and hugs to those who need them.

I feel like I don't really have anything to report. I feel a little stuck in limbo as we wade through clinics and try to decide when to go to the Czech Republic for egg donation. I also had an appointment with an adoption/donor therapist this week and she really scared the crap out of me when it comes to the level of anonymity of donors in CZ. She works both with couples and adoptees (when they're older) so she was really cautioning me about the idea of the child not knowing anything about the donor and never having the option to contact them. I really thought I was okay with it, but I felt like she was telling me I'd be harming my potential child and this freaked me out. Input/perspective is appreciated.

QOTW: I'm a crafty person and like to make things and bake things, but I don't really have much for specific hobbies! I wish I were a runner? But I hate running. :)
    30 yrs, healthy & TTC since April 2010 
    DH 32yrs & healthy
    *unexplained infertility* 

Regularly access alternative medicine to supplement a lack of resources in our geographical area.
    • Three rounds of clomid (50mg days 3-7) were useless.
    • IUI#1 w/clomid & HCG in May 2013, BFN.
    • IUI#2 w/clomid & HCG on July 23rd. BFN.
    • IUI #3 in August cancelled last minute, due to lab error.
    • IVF#1 - Started Gonal F stims October 13 2013 for IUI. Over-responded with too many follicles, so converted to IVF. Retrieval October 29th - got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized. Had 2 perfect little embryos transferred on day 3 (Nov. 1). The remaining 2 didn't survive to freeze. Got our BFN on November 13th 2013.
    • IVF#2 - Started stims August 21st. Triggered with Suprefact, started on dostinex due to risk of OHSS. Retrieval September 5th - got 27 eggs! 21 embryos on day 3. Embryos deteriorated quickly. ESet 5day blast on Sept 10. No embryos high enough quality to freeze. BFN came Sept. 22.

Reserved a semi-known proven donor in August .

Waiting for consult/screening and protocols with estimated fresh cycle timing in October

• @Km672 I'm praying/hoping they have some sort of plan for you. Your always in my thoughts. FX for you :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"