High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

High Risk due to prior unexplained PTL

Hello all!

I am returning to the board now pregnant with my 2nd (12w 2d) and am high-risk due to previous PTL.

During my first pregnancy I went into PTL at 28 weeks reached 3cm before nifedipine, fluids and hospital bed rest were able to stop progression. Ultimately I delivered at 34 was. DD spent about 2 was in NICU. The cause of the PTL was never determined.

This time I am High-Risk from the get go....

Anyone in a similar boat? If so, do we have a check-in for us PTLers? If not, would you be interested?

This board was such a source of support during my first go around (especially during my weeks of hospital bed rest). - was hoping to recreate some of the magic this time...
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: High Risk due to prior unexplained PTL

• Options
    I am not currently pregnant (have an Apr14 and a Jan12 baby) but I had PTL with my first pregnancy and was HR. If your doctors have not already discussed P17 shots with you, I would do some research and bring it up to them. I was on them from 16 weeks on and made it to the date my doctors wanted with my second pregnancy. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!
  • Options
    abs99abs99 member
    Thank you @LolaX2 --- already started progesterone---- hope I have that success as well!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had ptl of unknown cause with my son who was born in 2012. He was born at 30 weeks and spent 5 weeks in the nicu.

I am currently 35w 5d with baby #2. I am on the p17 injections. I get my last one on Thursday at 36w. I am already 2cm and 60% effaced. Hoping to go at least til 37. But I am happy that I have made it this far.
  • Options
    abs99abs99 member
    @nursemom83 that is great!!! Congrats on making it so far :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The injections are truly awesome. I started them at 16 weeks and can't believe that I am down to my last shot. Whatever happens from this point on, is okay. I know that she should be good at this point.

Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"