Trouble TTC

It's been a while; cancelled cycle

I know it's been a long time since I posted anything here (I made a re-intro a few months back as we were resuming treatment). This cycle was supposed to be Gonal-F, Ovidrel, and TI.

We've been through Femara cycles and Clomid cycles, but this current cycle was the first time we've had a response to anything. However, there were 6 follicles total (1 mature, 2 close behind it, and three that were large enough that they could also mature and release). We were given the option of going forward with the cycle and undergoing a selective reduction if we had success. We didn't feel comfortable with that option right now, so the cycle was called off. It's been pretty disappointing, I felt like this was the first time we'd actually have a chance.

The nurse did admit that raising my dose a second time was a mistake. So there should be a better treatment plan moving forward. I'm just worried, since this is common with PCOS, if keeping the dose lower will result in less follicles? I guess the dose increase could have them growing more rapidly, but going slower in a cycle with a lower dose just seems like it has the potential to produce a similar amount of follicles, just at a slower rate. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

We may be benched a month or two depending on whether or not these follicles become cysts. It is good that they have found something that works, but it still has been a disappointment nonetheless.
Baby Boy Due December 29th!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: It's been a while; cancelled cycle

• Sorry about your cancelled cycle, but you had a good response. Very encouraging. I'm starting my 1st round of IVF Wednesday with shots.
  • That is true. Good luck with your first IVF @knottie4978096!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My last cycle was canceled too. Had 7 mature follicles and didn't want to risk it. I have pcos and they are gonna to give me a much lower dosage next time. Unfortunately I got cysts from the last cycle so I am benched this month. So disappointing! Good luck with the next cycle! Looks like we both are in the same boat.
  • Sorry to hear that @SmitaGP. I have PCOS as well. They said they are going to use a lower dose next time for me as well, even if it takes longer for the follicles to mature. I have a feeling I may be benched next month as well.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"