April 2015 Moms
Options

In L&D

Started having sharp shooting pains in my vagina. I have never experienced these before. Honestly feels like a knife stabbing. So intense I had to hold onto the wall.

Called the OB and they sent me to l&d because I'm high risk.

I'm 2cm and 60% effaced.

Anyone else have these kind of pains?

Waiting for a recheck of my cervix. If no change then home I go. If any changes from previous admitting check then I will be admitted.

Re: In L&D

• Options
    Wishing you all the best. I haven't experienced it so hopefully everything's ok.
  • Options
    No experience, but hope everything turns out ok!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't remember experiencing anything like that. Here's hoping the pains go away and everything is ok
  • Options
    No experience here but FX everything is ok.
  • Options
    I got discharged. No change in my cervix. Contractions were not frequent.

Baby's head is compressing a nerve and that's why the stabbing pain.

I follow up thursdsy with my OB. But the on call doctor thinks I won't make it but maybe another week or two because of my history of pre term labor.
  • Options
    I get them too! It's terrible/ excruciating pain like a lightening built through my vag/ cervix happens a couple times a day when I stand up. Hope your not planning on going to work anymore!!!
  • Options
    Called out today. I'm scheduled again Friday. But we will see what OB says Thursday. Just want to see 36 weeks.
  • Options
    I get them too, my doc said same thing. It is a nerve. I get it mostly when standing/walking too much, it has never been severe enough to cause me to stop walking though. I was told there isnt really anything you can do about it. Hope you feel better and that baby makes it just a little longer on the inside, your so close! :)
  • Options

Called out today. I'm scheduled again Friday. But we will see what OB says Thursday. Just want to see 36 weeks.

I am a nurse too and I know how much walking/ standing is involved in just one 12/13 hour shift (I am sure it varies though what department your in). I don't see another shift happening
  • Options
    I got those pains today for the first time. I was 2cm, 50% and baby was in -1 on Friday. Saturday my plug fell out. Today the sharp vaginal pains and hard time walking. Just now I woke up to hard breasts- they are now full with milk already!?! I am only 34w, preterm history, and now very nervous! I don't know when to expect munchkin but the pain is terrible
  • Options
    Hope your munchkin keeps cooking.

I just want to make it to Thursday and hit that 36w mark then try to keep chugging along. My dream goal is 37 but each day is a milestone.
  • Options
    Yup!! Been getting them since 20 weeks!!! Not fun at all, dr says its normal (i say something this painful cant be normal) baby decided to flip and go breech last week, all my pelvis pain went away until 2 days ago.. So i think she flipped back!! Almost there!
  • Options
    I've had the stabbing pain down there as well, but it subsides so quickly and doesn't happen everyday. Did your doc say that is a sign of pre-term labor?
  • Options
    I'm high risk as it is. My son came at 30 weeks. So this round the goal was 34 weeks. They will no longer stop my labor at this point. I'll be 36w on Thursday.

They said the baby is head down and just getting so big that her head is pressing down on a nerve. The pain is intense. Honestly worst than contractions with my son.
  • Options
    Glad to hear things are ok!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"