December 2014 Moms
Options

Milestones?

Just curious, what milestones have your babies reached?

Mine is 10 1/2 weeks old, and he's such a happy little guy! All smiles and just last week he started giggling. It's amazing! He also discovered his hands a couple of weeks ago, and after staring at them for awhile figured out he can grasp things and put them in his mouth. His head control isn't great yet. He can hold it up for a moment or so and then flop! I'm looking forward to that one.

He was ten days late so I think he's hitting some milestones early. He had his first social smiles just before three weeks. He's also a ginormous baby. 14 lbs and over 25" long.

Brag away ladies!!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Milestones?

• Options
    My son is 11 weeks today he's 13.2 pounds and 25 inches long. Also ginormous. He's hitting all of his milestones as well. He loves being outside and observing his older cousins. He's a great nighttime sleeper over 8 hours most nights. Congrats to the Mommy's. We've made it this far.
  • Options
    My son turns 3 months this week. At his 2 month check up the doctor said he had some of the social skills & development of a 4 month old.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, 8 hours! That's awesome!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Cryssteen said:

Mine basically just eats her hands. Can we still sit here @ColeyCannoli @shortstack06 @CandEChicago

Are they poison hands?
    Only if she lets her dip her fingers in the formula can first. Crunchy AND chewy!
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    MommyMoruMommyMoru member
    edited March 2015
    My LO has had a strong neck since about 5 weeks. He's been doing great with tummy time :) He can roll from stomach to back no problem (started about 6-7 weeks) but can only go from back to side...still working on that full roll over :) He's talking more and more each day and he started grasping toys at 10 weeks and now (13weeks) will grab them without prompting! He grabbed his George plushie all by himself and pulled it on top of his belly today! I'm so proud of him :) he's also starting to scoot a bit when in tummy time :) He started smiling around 5-6 weeks socially and now does it a lot when I and my husband are around...especially daddy! He also will turn when he hears our voices and smiles when he sees things he likes.
  • Options
    LO is having some difficulties. She mounts the dog okay (loving our homemade saddle!) and they make it through the first couple of jumps, but she still hesitates before they jump through the ring of flames. Hopefully she will have more confidence at 3 months.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank god I have an amazing sleepwr! 10-11 hours at night for the last 2 weeks. She is 11 weeks now. She doesn't like tummy time but has started to laugh and it kills me every time! She was a month early so isn't rolling or moving too much when laying down.
  • Options
    My toddler attacks the baby any time she is on the floor. This makes any tummy time very difficult. I figure if she rolls by 6 months we will be doing good as she never gets unconfined time to practice!
    She does have great head control though. Probably because she only likes to be held in positions where she can hold her head up. Not a snuggler.

Not sure why people think it is so funny to mock the original question. At least answer the question with a real answer before making a joke.
  • Options
    ^^^ party pooper
  • Options
    After Ted Cruz announced his presidency campaign yesterday, my baby decided he was going to amend the 35 age rule and go ahead an run as well. My DS also thinks he can set a record in fund raising.
  • Options

After Ted Cruz announced his presidency campaign yesterday, my baby decided he was going to amend the 35 age rule and go ahead an run as well. My DS also thinks he can set a record in fund raising.

Careful... @kelsire might think you are mocking the original question. ;)

Test
  • Options
    Oh man. This one made me LOL. Also not sure they're mocking the question so much as some of the responses.

Anywho...LO is 3 months +. Seriously, I can't remember the weeks unless I look at a calendar. His head control is good but still floppy from time to time. He's always liked tummy time and is doing well. Only rolled over once...at daycare...which makes me so sad I missed it. He smiles pretty easily but we have to work for the giggles. Loves his hands but hasn't yet really started reaching for things. We're trying to encourage it lately and he does seem more intrigued, so I think we're close. He's very verbal which is such a delight.

He's generally happy baby, so we count our blessings. He stays in his crib 11 hours a night. Some nights he need a quick sooth, some nights he needs a quick snack, some night he goes the whole way thru.
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• Options
    My boy is 3.5 months. He has been supporting his weight and standing since he was 3 weeks. The boy hates being put into a Seated position with the exception of brining in his bumbo which he loves for 5 minutes at a time. He talks all day long and smiles as well. His giggles are coming more often now. He rolled over the other day for the first time while doing tummy time! He has discovered his hands and feet and he definitely recognized his mama and daddy. He is so long that he is outgrowing some of his 6month clothes...
  • Options
    I'm still stuck on the baby sleeping 8 hours at a time. Mine won't go past three. Damn, under achiever. Oh, and he's 16 weeks. Seriously though, jealous!!
  • Options
    Nothing crazy, but my 13 wk old did do 20 straight mins of tummy time today. Longest stretch ever! And she recognized her reflection in the mirror and smiled at herself. 8->
  • Options
    Our 14 week old is freaking huge!  17 pounds.  DH is weirdly proud of that haha... obviously he doesn't know what it feels like to have the constant oversuppply and sore boobs that come from feeding a giant haha.  The cute thing he does is throw his head back and silently laugh!  He is clearly happy but just not a lot of sound comes out!  I find it adorable.  Almost like he is cracking up so hard that he can't make any sound.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My girls are 16 weeks and kind of like adorable smiley slugs. They have no interest in keeping their heads up or anything. When we do tummy time they just lay there and sob. Le sigh..:: they slept for 8-9 hours at night until this week, now they are waking up again. My first born was an overachiever at milestones so I guess my girls can be lazy if they want to. Heh
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"