Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Night time potty training

berticus87berticus87 member
edited March 2015 in Toddlers: 24 Months+
I have a 3 year old ds who has been potty trained during the day since he was about 2 1/2 years old. However, he has pooped on the potty all of about 5 times. He knows what pooping is and will tell me but he always holds it until he is in a diaper at nap or bed time. I have no idea how to cure him of this. He doesn't poop while he is asleep but as soon as he wakes up he does it before I come up to get him. Any tips on how to stop him from doing this?

Re: Night time potty training

• Options
    Bethany_LynneBethany_Lynne member
    edited March 2015
    It probably isn't what you want to hear, but maybe don't put him in a diaper at nap/bedtime at all anymore. Talk to him about how much more comfortable it is to go in the potty and make sure to tell him how proud you are and how proud he should be when he does. When he does have an accident don't punish but make sure he knows that's not what he should do and that you bet he can do it in the potty next time. Also, you could try getting him to eat a little more fruit than normal so it's a little harder to hold it. My dd is the same age and just went through a small regression with potty training and so far this has worked for us and it only took a couple of days. Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"