Micro Preemies

Intro and request from PPROM momma

Hi Mommas,

I would like to know if I may join, if this is the right place for me? I've been in the IF group and PAIF since last June.

I PPROM-ed on Jan 30 (21w3d) with twin girls at stayed on hospital bedrest for over a month. Received 2 rounds of steroids and IV magnesium. This past Sunday, March 1st, I had an emergency C-section under general anesthesia (25w5d) and gave birth to my micro-preemie girls. Fiona Skye weighed 1lb, 4oz and Chloe Mae weighed 1lb, 12oz. They are both in the NICU and holding stable but critical (up and down each day). Just wondering if anyone can give comfort or advice for the many days and long journey ahead of us.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s, low ovarian reserve

DH: 42, bi-lateral varicocele (corrected in Dec 2013)

2008 Married

2009 Started TTC #1

2012 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, Clomid

BFP ended in MC 

2013 3 rounds of Clomid

Hormone studies/ultrasound, SIS, polyp and bicornuate uterus removed

DH varicocelectomy

2014 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, SIS, removed 2nd polyp

IVF #1- retrieved 17, 3 mature for 2 day transfer, BFN

IVF #2- September…our last chance….. retrieved 22, 6 mature blasts, 2 embies transferred, BFP (300 beta) on Oct 1st, Beta #2 675 Oct 3rd, Beta #3 2,484

EDD Twins 06/09/2015

1/30/2015 PPROM at 21 weeks, 3 days. Hospital bed rest to let these sweet peas cook. Holding on for 34 weeks!

Re: Intro and request from PPROM momma

• Oh my goodness, of course you can join.  Unfortunately, this board is super super quiet.  I have been trying to check in daily, but sometimes it ends up every other day.  This weekend was my oldest birthday so that kinda negated everything else :)  

I didn't have the same reasons as you, but my twin girls were born at 26w3d.  The long long three and four month NICU stays felt so long.  The little one standing next to me holding on to my leg had her fair share of trials including being transported away from her sister to a children's hospital and back again. 

I'm here and I understand.  Celebrate each day with them and take tons of pictures.  Your little ones may be here early, but they are still here.  They are amazing little warriors who know you already <3  You are welcome to PM me.  I would be happy to be here in any ways you need.  I'll try to check in daily. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CafeMom Tickers
  • @Missi576 Thank you. Your words really choked me up bc I miss the girls so much. It's so hard having them inside for several months and now they're far away in the NICU and I just want them here with me. But, I know I can't do much for them...except pumping. And only one twin is tube feeding 1ml every 3 hours right now. The other is still struggling. I appreciate your kindness and will PM with updates.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s, low ovarian reserve

DH: 42, bi-lateral varicocele (corrected in Dec 2013)

2008 Married

2009 Started TTC #1

2012 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, Clomid

BFP ended in MC 

2013 3 rounds of Clomid

Hormone studies/ultrasound, SIS, polyp and bicornuate uterus removed

DH varicocelectomy

2014 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, SIS, removed 2nd polyp

IVF #1- retrieved 17, 3 mature for 2 day transfer, BFN

IVF #2- September…our last chance….. retrieved 22, 6 mature blasts, 2 embies transferred, BFP (300 beta) on Oct 1st, Beta #2 675 Oct 3rd, Beta #3 2,484

EDD Twins 06/09/2015

1/30/2015 PPROM at 21 weeks, 3 days. Hospital bed rest to let these sweet peas cook. Holding on for 34 weeks!

• Loading the player...
  • I am so happy to hear that they're both fighting.  One of my two, Alexandria, had a few bumps in the road.  I hold her now (which is getting hard, because she is so active) and just think about the times when I was told she wasn't stable enough to be held.  It brings me to tears every time.  I wish there was more I could have done.  That, when they're totally normal and completely healthy and active.. advanced almost :p

Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.  <3  

I was serious on the celebrate each moment with them.  That is the one thing that will always get to me.  By the time they came home, people were just relieved and still holding their breath.. I feel like we forgot to celebrate. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"