Multiples
Options

Fundal height at end of twin pregnancy.

MamaC1983MamaC1983 member
edited March 2015 in Multiples
Hello!
I was just wondering what MoMs fundal height was at the time they gave birth. It's so hard to imagine getting bigger than this but I know I will lol. I'm measuring 41 weeks at 31 weeks but ultrasounds haven't shown any concerns.
Just curious and interested.

Re: Fundal height at end of twin pregnancy.

• Options
    I only had my fundal height done once, by a nurse who didn't know I was having twins- since she was not my normal nurse.  My OB believed that fundal height is not a good tool in multiples. Ultrasounds are a better indication of growth in multiples (heck even in singletons- fundal height depends a lot on the position of the baby).  I had ultrasounds every two weeks- had no growth issues.  I delivered early from my own issues (pre-e).  My boys were just over 5lbs at 34 w 3 d gestation.

Oh and the whole- you are measureing at 41 weeks at 31 weeks- is like comparing apples to oranges.  Of course you are going to be measuring bigger than a singleton pregnancy.
  • Options
    I'm only 21 weeks but my doctor won't even check fungal height with twins. She does an ultrasound every visit and I also visit an mfm for growth checks.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Interesting. I've had measurements every apt with the guideline measuring 6-8 weeks ahead of singletons. However the fact that I'm now measuring 10 weeks ahead wasn't a concern at all because the ultrasounds have always shown good growth.
    I guess I'm just in that phase where I can't even Picture getting bigger. I'm excited to see but it makes me wonder how sometimes! Lol
  • Options
    My doctors said fundal height with twins is pointless but does it for grins.. The last time she measured me I was 34 weeks and was measuring 42 weeks
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    Mine did it just for comparison. I measured 32 wks when DD was born at 36w6d and 41 wks when triplets were born at 29w5d. I consistently measured small despite being a sz 0. MFM said for triplets+ the measurements are not accurate. For twins, they're so-so.

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Options
    DrD30DrD30 member
    My obs does it just for fun also. I am 27 weeks with di/di and measured 34 weeks. I can't believe I'm going to get bigger! I'm all belly though. My husband jokes that if you see my from directly behind or in front you can't tell I'm pregnant.
  • Options
    At 33 weeks I measured 45!! Ouch! My
    OB checks for my
    Curiousity. :)
  • Options
    Mine measured 47 weeks when I delivered my twins at 36 weeks.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I actually went down a bit in fundal height and weight at the end because I was too full and uncomfortable to eat much, and was just all baby.  So if you are measuring 40+ now, it does not necessarily mean that you will be 50+ at the end; it could level out.
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    I was 52 weeks at 37 when I delivered. They were 5lb10oz and 6lb7oz. Nothing fit me but one black skirt I had ;) And I only gained 37lb total. It was crazy!
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It really is crazy how much we. Stretch and grow for these babies. It's exciting
  • Options
    I usually ask to get measured at my mw visits, just for fun :)  Last measurement was 43cm @ 34+5 GA.  Officially bigger than I was when I delivered my singleton!  Curious to see what it is tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I find it interesting too. I was 43cm @ 33 weeks last week. How big can we get! Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"