June 2015 Moms

How much weight have you gained so far?

124»

Re: How much weight have you gained so far?

• On Thursday at my 28wk check up, I gained 32lbs. This is my first pregnancy and my dr is not happy with the amount of weight I've gained but my baby is healthy and that's all I care about. I will work on losing the weight after my baby boy is here.
  • Loading the player...
  • hoodoll82 said:

Man, this thread is going to outlast us all, isn't it?

It won't die! Haha!

I was thinking about my weight gain with my twins the other day. I gained 50 lbs, which is a great amount for twins. However, I lost a ton of muscle mass bc it was hard to exercise. I feel that way with this pregnancy. I suffered from morning sickness and then it was the dead of winter, so I haven't been exercising, I feel that I have lost lots of muscle.
  • I've gained a stone already still have 13 weeks left so may start being more careful. But then I think this is the last time I'm ever gona be able to eat without worrying lol x
  • I still actively use my fitbit to log water intake, food intake (I eat my 300 extra daily calories ) and make 10,000 steps or 5 miles goal. Stonger mom means stonger baby and easier delivery. 43 years old. 2nd baby. Gained 25lbs at 27 weeks.
  • 7 pounds at 28w3d, I still eat what I like but my acid reflux has really kept my food proportions small throughout my pregnancy. Unless your doctor flat out says they have a concern about the weight gain, I wouldn't worry.
  • I haven't gained anything. I was so sick up until 5 months I'm still trying to make that up. With that being said cutting out pop and drinking tons of water is probably what saved me from packing it all on after I finally stopped throwing up. Also I stick to the 6 meal rule where I snack on healthy things (grapefruit mostly) between meals. I don't deprive myself of anything but luckily my cravings haven't been for anything but grapefruit, ice, and milk!
  • So many pounds lol
  • kjP12kjP12 member

I'm 26 weeks and have gained 20 pounds. Now I'm very self conscious and trying to cut back. I eat what I want when I want it and now I'm paying for it with my double chin, love handles and wings on my arms. I was 140 and 5'10" so I was tall and lean before pregnancy and I'm having a boy but definitely gaining all over like its a girl!

I have gained the same amount and I always do fine up until this point this is baby number 4 so I'm trying to take it easy on my sweet tooth
  • :) I weighed 120 before when I found out I was pregnant now I'm 144 at 28 weeks tomorrow I guess I gained 24 pounds and my son is 1.8 lol
  • I'm 30 weeks and have gained a total of 6 pounds. They say that my weight and baby look great so I'm not worried about it. I'm not really doing anything to control my weight I eat whatever I want.
  • I am a fitness coach. And I'm up 40 at 7m5 months. First pregnancy. I've worked out lightly since the second and third trimesters. I plan to go back to it plus some extra calories for breastfeeding as soon as I'm able after delivery. I'm not all that worried and I think the focus should be on getting into a healthy routine postpartum for anyone with concerns. Stress not ladies... weight fluctuates and the only thing that matters is your overall health and wellness through and after the process.
    Peace and pineapples
    Bridget
  • I'm 31 weeks tomorrow and I have gained 18 lbs :) I only gained 10 lbs my whole pregnancy with my youngest, and with my first I gained 70 lol
  • 28 weeks today and I've gained THREE pounds! I weigh 143 I'm 5'6" and I eat like a pig and eat whatever I want, so not sure how that happened. Doctor said she isn't worried tho so we'll see if I start to put anything on! I feel like my belly itself looks like 10 pounds lol but the scale says different! Feeling like a whale lately lol
  • Went to my doctor yesterday for my 30 week appt. I haven't asked about my weight at all and they have not mentioned it. Yesterday I was brave and asked. Turns out I have only gained 7 pounds.
  • mellymar said:

Booo! Hiss! **throws popcorn**

This thread was good and DEAD and people have to go kicking it around again. I am officially going into flame mode, and I don't care!

If you are concerned about your weight - ask your doctor! If you want someone to feel bad for you about how much or how little weight you have gained, talk to your friends! This whole thread stinks of body bashing and everybody that contributes carries the stink of the undead thread with them!

When I mentioned it I was kind of proud of myself. I am heavier (around 185 pre pregnancy) and have always had control issues with eating. I have been trying very hard during the pregnancy to enjoy myself but not go crazy. As a bigger person I am happy that I have not gained too much because my body does not need it. I am proud of the control I have had and the fact of my little weight gain just confirmed it for me.
  • As of 30 weeks I have gained 18 lbs
  • Ive gained 30 pounds and am 30 weeks pregnant! My doctor told me im gaining to quickly, but I dont listen to him. I eat what I want when I want. My excuse is that im pregnant and I do what I please!
  • Is this real life????
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"