Breastfeeding
Options

Mastitis??

I have some pain in my left breast and I have a fever. I obviously can't nurse my LO with a fever but is there anything I can do? I supplement with formula. I'm seeing my doc on Monday also. Any advice? Has anyone had mastitis? What was the treatment? When could you breastfeed again?

Re: Mastitis??

• Options
    You can breastfeed with a fever, it won't harm your little one. I have had mastitis twice. The best thing for you to do is breastfeed. LO is much more efficient at helping you unclog your ducts. Your doctor may put you on antibiotics. There are plenty that you can take while breastfeeding. You may see a small reduction in supply if you take antibiotics.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    manna1212 said:

You can breastfeed with a fever, it won't harm your little one. I have had mastitis twice. The best thing for you to do is breastfeed. LO is much more efficient at helping you unclog your ducts. Your doctor may put you on antibiotics. There are plenty that you can take while breastfeeding. You may see a small reduction in supply if you take antibiotics.

Thanks so much!! I'm a breastfeeding noob
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had mastits once. It was awful! Nurse as much as you can (around the clock if possible). Call your dr asap for antibiotics. Be sure to pick up a probiotic also otherwise you are risking a yeast infection for you and thrush for baby.
  • Options
    My mom said I can't nurse with a fever but I called my doc and he said I could and you guys say I can so I kept nursing and I already feel better :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"