Pregnant after a Loss

Confused about my BFP!

clumsysteffclumsysteff member
edited March 2015 in Pregnant after a Loss
So here's the short version of what's going on with me. I've VERY confused and would love some insight if anyone has anything to offer.

I had a MC at the end of January at about 6 weeks. My DH and I weren't very concerned about timing our intercourse after that figuring I my cycle and BBTs would be a little wonky for a while after the MC. When I got a positive OPK on 2/17 I realized that we had had sex during one of my fertile days without even knowing it. The possibility of PG was in the back of my head, but I didn't notice any of the early PG symptoms I had last time (impantation pain, spotting, increased sensitivty to smell, etc). Then on 2/28 I got my AF and figured we'd just try again next month. My AF was pretty normal for me, 1 light day, 2 heavy days, then another light day. But I noticed that my BBTs were staying high throughout my AF. Then today, 1 day post AF my temp was still high. I had one HPT left from a couple months ago and took it just for the hell of it (or to convince myself to chill out about the high BBTs because duh, I just had AF I can't be PG). So naturally I was SHOCKED when it came back as a strong BFP (See pic)!

So now I'm just totally confused about what's going on with my body! How did I get a BFP the day after my period ended!? And I swear, it was not just spotting, it was a legit AF. Could I possibly actually be PG again? I just test again with a digital w/ weeks estimator and is said + 2 to 3 weeks.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Obviosuly I am going to call my doctor also but I probably won't be able to see him until next week and I just wanted to see if any of you bumpers have heard of anything like this before!

Thanks!

Re: Confused about my BFP!

• 1stbambino1stbambino member
    edited March 2015
    did you ever have a doctor confirm your MC? It's extremely common for MC to last for awhile and also to have retained tissue. we are not doctors and you really just need to see one.

ETA: literally no one wants to see something you peed on. Keep that shit to yourself, we all know what 2 lines look like and your pee stick doesn't tell us anything
  • I would call the OB and request going in for HCG levels Saturday and Monday to see what your levels are doing.
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• Loading the player...
  • Get your HCG levels checked as they can be elevated for a while after a mc. Sorry about your mc. Best wishes!
  • Your doctor should have followed your betas down to zero after your miscarriage to make sure you aren't retaining tissue and the miscarriage had completed. I've had 5 losses and sometimes it took a few weeks, other times it took months to get down to zero beta levels. If you had a loss at the end of January and tested positive just two weeks later it's likely that was residual from the pregnancy you lost. The only way to know for sure is to have your doctor check your beta levels and follow them to see if they are rising or falling.

• did you ever have a doctor confirm your MC? It's extremely common for MC to last for awhile and also to have retained tissue. we are not doctors and you really just need to see one.

ETA: literally no one wants to see something you peed on. Keep that shit to yourself, we all know what 2 lines look like and your pee stick doesn't tell us anything

There's absolutely no reason to be a giant B****! Seriously you're so rude, maybe she just wanted some kind of reassurance or something then your rude ass comes along.

OP: I wish you the best of luck!