Trouble TTC
Options

Clomid and natural baby making vs IUI

I am going to stay taking Clomid soon and the Dr suggests IUI with it but I think that for our schedule it would be better just to try with timing it. My problem is that I don't ovulate so he said taking Clomid should kick start it. Also does anyone know how I should know if it's working? Would I just get Aunt Flow as opposed to how I don't now...... Thanks! :)

Re: Clomid and natural baby making vs IUI

• Options
    CAS218CAS218 member
    edited March 2015
    When I took clomid I took ovulation tests daily (peeing on a stick) don't get too frustrated the first month, sometimes the dose needs to be altered. We didn't have any luck on clomid, was on it for 6 months and never ovulated.
    Hope it works for you :) good luck!!
  • Options
    I just did a round of clomid and I also don't ovulate on my own on a regular basis. Because of that my dr also prescribed a trigger shot that basically guarantees ovulation within 36 hours of the shot. This might be an option for you as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Please say you are using Clomid through an RE and not your OB/GYN and being properly monitored! If you are being monitored, you will take the Clomid days 3-7, then go for an ultrasound around days 10-13 to check for mature follicles, then take the trigger shot to prompt ovulation when they tell you it's okay. 
  • Options
    Some docs also do clomid days 4-8 or 5-9. Early clomid means they want you to make more eggs and late clomid means they want better quality eggs. I did 4-8 since neither was an issue for me. Your fertility doc will do blood work and ultrasounds for almost a week up until you ovulate and then will schedule you for a test to measure for any hcg in your blood (the pregnancy hormone) around 14-15 days post ovulation. You could do a home pregnancy test if you want on day 13-14 of you want to be mentally prepared just remember - they aren't as accurate. And yes, you should be seen at a fertility clinic for clomid, not your regular MD or OBGYN. Good luck.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS