July 2015 Moms
Options

Crib bed sets

asun123asun123 member
edited March 2015 in July 2015 Moms
So I finally just found a crib set that I absolutely love. 
I'm so excited since I've been searching for a while now. 
I wanted something less baby and more 'big boy'

But I want to see all of the crib sets that you ladies have chosen.!
(and where from)

I'm attaching just a picture of the quilt that comes with the bed set (I'm getting it from The Land of Nod)

Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
MC in February 2017
MC in November 2017
Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Crib bed sets

• Options
    I've only registered for crib sheets and one blanket from Aden and Anais. I like that their patterns are more modern. My pediatrician is in the no bumpers camp, so I opted not to go with a crib set. My mother is making curtains for the nursery (woman loves to make curtains), so I will use the same fabric for the skirt.
  • Options

@audi681 - well I need some Chevron curtains so...... lol

I'm also in the no bumpers camp... I'm really excited though, we go pick up our crib tonight...weather permitting! Yay!

I saw a really cute chevron set, but I don't know. I'm not sold on it yet. Decisions, decisions!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've only registered for crib sheets and one blanket from Aden and Anais. I like that their patterns are more modern. My pediatrician is in the no bumpers camp, so I opted not to go with a crib set. My mother is making curtains for the nursery (woman loves to make curtains), so I will use the same fabric for the skirt.
    You buy everything separately when getting a crib set most of the time.! I'm a no bumper person too.!
    I'm getting two bed sheets, a quilt and a crib skirt that all go together (:
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just went and looked, The Land of Nod doesnt even sell crib sets with bumpers.!
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm surprised bumpers are still a thing you can buy!

I'm going to have to buy things separately for my crib bedding. I've found a really cute ruffle skirt that's white and two times of mint green that I like. I may try to find something g even more frilly girly girl. Lace possibly? I just need to get out in the stores. Online is failing me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I'm surprised bumpers are still a thing you can buy!

I'm going to have to buy things separately for my crib bedding. I've found a really cute ruffle skirt that's white and two times of mint green that I like. I may try to find something g even more frilly girly girl. Lace possibly? I just need to get out in the stores. Online is failing me.

If I was having a girl, I would have done lace! and mint green!
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @asun123 I LOVE that quilt! My son has always been into anything space themed and it took me forever to find something for him and now its everywhere. Go figure when I no longer need it I can find it. 

Hubby really likes this cream chevron set. Its pretty a neutral, which we're trying to stick to since this won't our only baby. But I'm also looking at some cute girly blankets and getting plain sheets. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My little girl is getting butterflies...

Belle LuLu 3-Piece Crib Bedding Set
  • Options
    i'm loving this one from target. fits in with my forest/wilderness theme!! (plus i really love foxes)

Circo® Woodland Trails 4pc Crib Bedding Set
  • Options
    @asherk
    I really like! Love the wilderness theme, I don't think I ever thought of that!
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    asun123 said:

In Chicago retailers are no longer allowed to sell crib bumpers, we were the first city to do this.  Land of Nod was started in the suburbs of Chicago so that might be the reason.  It was actually a mom and pop store until Crate and Barrel took it over.
  • Options
    sschwege said:

asun123 said:

In Chicago retailers are no longer allowed to sell crib bumpers, we were the first city to do this.  Land of Nod was started in the suburbs of Chicago so that might be the reason.  It was actually a mom and pop store until Crate and Barrel took it over.
    Everywhere should do that! I personally don't even like how bumpers look on cribs plus the safety hazard! But some moms I guess don't know better and just buy the whole set with bumper. 
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In having trouble finding one for my LO we are doing Disney Frozen theme, but it's so hard to find a crib set, I've found tons of toddler bed sets that I love though!
  • Options
    audi681audi681 member
    edited March 2015
    This is my first baby! I was exposed to the whole crib set concept at Babies R' Us, and all of their sets seem to have bumpers, which is why I said I opted out of the crib set. I am not on the up and up for what all of the stores do! It is good to know that a lot of companies have stopped selling them.   I also don't get the whole baby blanket  thing. I registered for one to use down the road, but from what I understand it is just decoration for nearly the first whole year. 
  • Options

My mom is making our crib bed set.  I'm so excited!  An R2D2 quilt for my little Luke!

That sounds super cute!
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Honestly I wished someone told me to skip the quilt last time. We never used it, it was pretty much just decoration. It is now hanging on the wall with a curtain rod above the crib. I had it hanging on the back part of the crib for baby #1. Other than it was nice for him to look at, it was a waste.

It's too heavy to use when they are so small and then he went through a I hate blankets phase..and now I just don't want it to get ruined!

So my tip is...pull your nursery theme together with other elements and just get crib sheets and some blankets. (Which people love to give as gifts too, so you'll get a million)
    <leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've never heard of not using a blanket or quilt. I have a 2 year old son, and almost always used his blanket that came with his crib set. Even would take it with me places for baby to lay on and stuff. Mine probably got more use than any other blanket I owned. 
    I get that some people I guess wouldn't use theirs a lot. 
    But there's no way I'm not going to get one since I know how much I will use it for everything.  
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MamamadsMamamads member
    edited March 2015
    asun123 said:

I've never heard of not using a blanket or quilt. I have a 2 year old son, and almost always used his blanket that came with his crib set. Even would take it with me places for baby to lay on and stuff. Mine probably got more use than any other blanket I owned. 

But there's no way I'm not going to get one since I know how much I will use it for everything.  
    Baby actually isn't supposed
    To sleep with any bedding besides the mattress sheet for the first year or so of their lives. This increases risk of SIDS along with the bumpers.
  • Options
    Mamamads said:

asun123 said:

Baby actually isn't supposed
    To sleep with any bedding besides the mattress sheet for the first year or so of their lives. This increases risk of SIDS along with the bumpers.
    I never used it in his crib.  Every time he slept on me or in my arms, that's when I had the blanket over him. (which was often because I loved to hold him). 
    I guess if your baby will always sleep in the crib, there is really no point to buying an expensive blanket. 

I was always out and about so I seriously got as much use out of that blanket as I could. 

I did put baby in crib with those really thin aden and anais blankets. I loved those. And would recommend them to everyone!
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My lil girl is gettin pink turtles its so cute I will try to post pic
  • Options
    mnj05mnj05 member
    I'm just doing matching sheets with a blankets I ordered online. He won't use the blanket for a while though. Fwiw on the bumper issue, they make breathable ones now that we use, but I didn't put them on the crib until 10-ish months when DS was consistently getting his legs caught between the slats of the cribs.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    @kaylee918 toddler mattresses and crib mattresses are the same size. Buy the sheets and there you go.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    I'm all about pink and giraffes, so there ya go lol
  • Options
    I'm also skipping bedding as its more decorative, all the moms I know said they never used it. I'm doing light gray walls, gray breathable bumpers, yellow sheet and changing pad cover, dark wood furniture, with cartoony honey bee accents to the room and "bringing home a baby bumble bee" art work. I love gray and yellow and by doing just accents and artwork it will be easy to change the room over when he gets old and hates me for the bee theme. I love the skip hop bees im doing a cube storage with the fabric cubes.
  • Options
    @ipumpkin I woke up to a west elm email: up to 50% off curtains. They have some nice chevron patterns!
  • Options
    Thanks! Going to check it out now!
  • Options
    audi681 said:

@ipumpkin I woke up to a west elm email: up to 50% off curtains. They have some nice chevron patterns!

Thank you! I've been looking for chevron curtains all night lol

photo Studio_Ghibli_Banner_by_Tony1722.jpg

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    @kalix87 - Bed Bath & Beyond also has some...but they're 34.99 per panel. Freaking expensive!
  • Options
    ipumpkin said:

@kalix87 - Bed Bath & Beyond also has some...but they're 34.99 per panel. Freaking expensive!

Yeah, I found some light gray ones with turquoise tie backs (that's the theme for our room) yesterday and they were $44 hopefully for two panels but I didn't really check. The only ones that ever some up are from the Sweet Jojo designs line, which is what our theme is... But sooooo pricy!

photo Studio_Ghibli_Banner_by_Tony1722.jpg

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I think I want to do a Dr. Seuss theme - i wanted one before we knew whether boy or girl. Now that its a girl its harder to be a little girly. I do not want too much pink- was thinking, coral, teal and grey colors for the nursery. So finding all this in a Dr seuss theme is tricky. 
  • Options
    jendiff said:

I think I want to do a Dr. Seuss theme - i wanted one before we knew whether boy or girl. Now that its a girl its harder to be a little girly. I do not want too much pink- was thinking, coral, teal and grey colors for the nursery. So finding all this in a Dr seuss theme is tricky. 

I love the idea of a Dr. Seuss them. I love the rainbow of colors that you could use. I originally wanted to do Seuss too but DH had a change of heart when we created our registry and saw all of the nautical themed stuff. lol
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • Options
    jendiff said:

i would think that 'oh, the places you will go' and 'the lorax' would lend themselves nicely for a girl's nursery, and would fit with your color scheme. i perused around on pinterest for a hot minute and found some really cute ideas that were using those books as inspiration. :)
  • Options
    I'm in love with princess theme, love pink, and love Cinderella! The ONLY princess theme I liked was at Walmart, so I got it immediately after we found out the sex :)
  • Options
    For a Dr Seuss theme, I love those big bustling collections of colorful paper lanterns!
  • Options
    We are going with a grey and white striped wall behind the crib, grey for all the others. We will have navy blue bedding with hints of green. Hubby is in the air force so the navy will let us do some of the air force symbols. Here's the bedding! And the other picture is our overall inspiration.
  • Options
    I love the nautical theme! this is from buybuybaby
  • Options
    Groovy Guitar Lagoon theme custom made bedding from Etsy. Shown with a thick bumper, but we are ordering a matching breathable one.
  • Options
    @queenlyds I love the guitar theme! I wanted to do a yellow submarine theme, but my husband (who is not the biggest Beatles fan, but I married him anyway) wasn't so into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"