Breastfeeding

Sleeping

MommyMoruMommyMoru member
edited March 2015 in Breastfeeding
Currently wondering how long your bf LO sleeps at night. Mine usually gets 4 hours then is up every 1.5-2 hours after that. I've heard it's supposed to get better and he's supposed to sleep longer but when does that happen with bf babies? Mine just turned 3 months so I figure he's still small but just curious :)

Re: Sleeping

• I have a four month old. He often starts off the night sleeping for about 2 hours then is up every hour and a half or so after that for the rest of the night....fun times lol!
  • I have a 7 week old who on average was up every 2-3.5hrs.  But, I just put him in the Merlins Magic sleep suit for past 4 days and he is sleeping 4-5hrs at a time.  I feel like it is helping him sleep through the night but he is now getting more feedings in the daytime to make up for his nutrition.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO is also 3 months and is doing exact same thing. We recently got a couple of 5-6 hr stretches but usually he sleeps around 3.5-4 hrs when he goes to bed, then the rest of the night is shorter spurts. Totally normal. Like everyone always says, every baby is different so there isn't a typical time that BF babies will sleep longer stretches. Three months is still young like you said, and most babies still need to eat at night and they need their mama. Are you doing things like Swaddle, white noise etc?
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"