Baby Showers

Hostess Gift Timing

When is a good time to give the hostesses their gifts? After the shower? Before other guests arrive? 

Re: Hostess Gift Timing

• gypsea1109gypsea1109 member
    edited March 2015
    I totally plan to surprise my mom (my hostess and best friend), with a great gift while everyone is there after I've opened gifts. I want her to shine as a new grandmother, because my Husband and I are so blessed to have her! :) 

I'd include a big thank you gift to your host after you've opened your gifts, and your guests are still there.
  • I didn't know if it would be rude to give them their gifts in front of everyone or if I should do it privately before or after. Thank you! 

• Loading the player...
  • gypsea1109gypsea1109 member
    edited March 2015
    MudLover said:

I didn't know if it would be rude to give them their gifts in front of everyone or if I should do it privately before or after. Thank you! 

I think it would be much nicer to do right after you finish opening gifts - that way your host feels very appreciated, and everyone can chime in about what a nice party! :)
  • MudLover said:

I didn't know if it would be rude to give them their gifts in front of everyone or if I should do it privately before or after. Thank you! 

I think it would be much nicer to do right after you finish opening gifts - that way your host feels very appreciated, and everyone can chime in about what a nice party! :)
    Make sure you know your host would like this before doing!!  I have a few friends and both my mom and MIL who would HATE if I did this to them as they don't like public attention, and two of my friends are really uncomfortable opening gifts in front of people. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"