January 2015 Moms

Baby eating every 2 hours

My daughter is almost 7 weeks old and is a big baby - born 9 lbs 2 oz and was 11 lbs 2 weeks ago at the doctor. She is inconsistently eating anywhere between 2-4 ounces at a time before she falls asleep but wants to eat every 2 hours or less. I'm looking for advice on how to get her on more of a every 3-4 hour schedule. I don't want to force feed her if she falls asleep but I'm thinking she definitely needs to eat more at a time. Thank you

Re: Baby eating every 2 hours

• I have almost the same situation. My baby is 8 weeks and 14 lbs. He wants to eat at least every 2 hours but usually more often! Would love suggestions on how to make more of a schedule because right now it's very unpredictable.
  • My baby was also big at birth (9lbs 6oz) hes 6 weeks now & his feeding is very inconsistent as he can feed anything between every 30 minutes or every 2 1/2 hours. I am breastfeeding on demand so just trying to keep up with him lol hes my 3rd baby so i'm hoping as he progresses the feeds will get further apart (as my last 2 children did) if you're formula feeding & baby still seems hungry you can get milk for hungrier babies which helped me with my last two when i bottle fed.
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO is 10lbs and 5 weeks. She started eating every 3 hours at 4 weeks. She eats 3 oz at a time. She started going back and forth between 2 to 3 hours, so I'd stall 5 to 10 minutes between feedings until she stuck at 3. I also to put a diaper change in the middle of the feeding time to keep her from getting to sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"