Third-Party Reproduction
Options

*third-party reproduction check-in* March 2nd

mm29mm29 member
edited March 2015 in Third-Party Reproduction

This weekly check-in is for anyone using/considering or who has used a 3rd party method of reproduction, including: Donor egg, donor sperm, embryo adoption, gestation carrier, or surrogate - also Donors, GC's and surrogates are welcome as well! If you don't check-in for 3 weeks you'll be removed from the list but we'll happily add you back next time you check in!

*PLEASE NOTE: Board etiquette - please post a warning in message with BFPs announcements.

Check-In: How is it going? What are your next steps?

QOTW: The state I'm living in was having record breaking highs this winter.  Now that our trees are confused and starting to bud winter has arrived.  That being said, for all who have been snowed in this winter, what have you been doing to keep from going stir crazy? 

Currently Cycling/Scheduled
@Thespis7 – DS –Moving forward with IUI #6
@ceemonkey – DEg/DS – transfer scheduled 3/6. Wishing you a lot of Luck!!!
@2MamazInSeattle – DEg/DS – TTC # 2 Welcome back lady!!! Tx scheduled friday the 13th or ideally Day 5 is Sunday the 15th.

Waiting to Cycle
@Lacyj67 – DEg – Has AF has shown her ugly face. What has your RE said about everything? I'm so happy to hear the adoption is going well. FX for everything!!
@Km672 – DEg/DS – on a break while waiting to consult with Dr. KK.
@mm29 – DEg/DS – Looking for a new donor.
@chicagobride07 – DEg – FET #5 scheduled March 5th. Your transfer is just around the corner!!
@Jzyla - GL at your RE appt Feb. 20 and GL on your research for cycling overseas. When you have time please share what you have learned.
@Love4Labs326 – DEm/IP-GS – Welcome back!! Good luck with your new path!
@smedina8 - IP-GS – Welcome!!!
@refeek1 – DEg – FET #3= c/p (((Huge hugs)))
Donors/GC’s/Surrogates
@CinciSurro – GC – EDD 8/4/15! You haven't checked in for a while. Any updates?

Pregnant!
@1220winterbride – DEg – EDD 5/25/15 - It’s a GIRL!!!
@IRR - IP-GC -EDD 7/23/15. March 6th is just around the corner. I'm so excited to hear what you are having. You haven't checked in for a while. Any updates?
@RunCC37 – DEg – EDD 8/4/15. One beautiful little fighter!! Congrats on graduating!!
@CinciSurro – GC – BFP!! EDD 8/4/15. Twins. Congratulations x2!!
@KevinandJesse – IP-GC -EDD 7/19/15. Welcome!! GL with your u/s

Parenting
@BeckyP005 – DEg – Baby Girl was born 02/3/15! Congratulations!!
@DoublePortion – DEm – Boy/Girl twins born on 6/30/14!
@e74 – DEm – Twin boys born in 2013!
@Lacyj67 – DEg – Parenting foster son! Baby G
@2MamazinSeattle – DEg/DS – Baby Simone Louise born on 8/21/14!!
@datingbettyboop – IP-GC – Baby Girl was born 02/10/15! Congratulations!! 

::: Married June 2003:::
TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
IVF# 4= c/p
***CCRM ODWU***
Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
***New RE***
DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
imageimage image 

Re: *third-party reproduction check-in* March 2nd

• Options

Check-In: How is it going? What are your next steps?

- Can't believe we are finally past the half way mark! I have ants in my pants today just waiting for the day to go by and tomorrow morning to come! a/s tomorrow morning at 8:30am. Can't wait to see my LO and how much little Sky (same name boy or girl) has grown since our last u/s at 8 weeks! I'll keep you all posted!

QOTW: Did you watch the Oscars? If so, what was your favorite Oscars moment?

- I always wait until the gossip comes out the next day... that way I can watch th good parts on youtube :) Lady Gaga's performance was pretty awesome!

• Options
    mm29mm29 member

QOTW: Did you watch the Oscars? If so, what was your favorite Oscars moment?

- I always wait until the gossip comes out the next day... that way I can watch th good parts on youtube :) Lady Gaga's performance was pretty awesome!

Congratulations on meeting the halfway mark!!  I can't wait to hear what you are having!

LOL! I didn't change the question from last week.  I will update the QOTW! 

Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 

imageimage image 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mm29 Thanks for doing the check in!
    @kevinandjesse FX for all good news from the anatomy scan- 1/2 way!!!!

I am feeling good, my cervix is cooperating and I ordered a crib! & Passed the Glucose Test!!

I did add an Iron supplement b/c I'm borderline low hemoglobin.

Now it's sort of just watch her grow up a little bit more and bring her home in 10-12 weeks...omg.

QOTW: well, I'm in Florida. The highs are in the 80's w/ bright blue sunny skies. 

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

QOTW: The state I'm living in was having record breaking highs this winter. Now that our trees are confused and starting to bud winter has arrived. That being said, for all who have been snowed in this winter, what have you been doing to keep from going stir crazy? 

- No more fighting it... we are officially stir crazy! We have had sooo much snow this year we don't even remember what grass looks like anymore. Please Please Please let spring come soon!

• Options
    I am in the dreaded TWW. I go tomorrow for progesterone check. Just trying to stay busy.

Qotw: I live in south Florida so we are in the 80's. I'm loving it.
  • Options

@KevinandJesse-  Congratulations on the halfway mark!  I can't wait to hear the results of tomorrow's ultrasound!

@1220winterbride- I'm glad you passed your glucose test and your cervix is behaving!

@Thespis7-  This has got to be the one!  How much longer until your beta?

AFM:  Nothing new.  I have my WTF call on 3/11.  Thankfully it's with my favorite RE. 

QOTW:  I'm in California and we are having a crazy drought.  I do enjoy all of the sunny days, though.

TTC #1 since May 2010

OE IVF #1  9/2/13 Cancelled- poor response

DE IVF #1 3/12/14- BFP 3/17/14- ectopic, right tube removed 4/11/14 @ 7 weeks

DE FET #1 7/3/14-Transferred 2 5AA 6 day embryos Beta 7/13/14 BFN

DE FET #2 9/5/14-Transferred 2 4BB 5 day embryos Beta 9/15/14 BFN

DE FET #3 in December- Cancelled, didn't respond to meds

DE FET #3 (2nd try) 2/13/15- Transferred 1 4BB and 1 4BA 5 day embryos Beta 2/23/15  BFN again (CP)

DE FET #4 - last 2 frosties....5/22/15- Transferred 1 4BA embryo...only one frostie thawed properly.  Beta scheduled for 6/1-  BFN (beta 2, 2.81, 6, 23, 49.4) 6/15/15 Discovered ectopic in left tube.  Methotrexate given. Moving on to a new donor. Hoping to transfer by the end of the year.

Cant find a donor that is healthy and available.  Looking at being happy with just the two of us.

• Options
    IRRIRR member
    20 week scan is on Friday afternoon!  DH will be joining us since he has yet to see an U/S.  We are almost half way there.  DH turns 50 next week so I am hosting a brunch on Sunday and our family will get to meet our Surrogate.  Wasn't too happy to learn that Sunday is Spring ahead the clock day, but so be it as long as we are getting closer to spring.

QOTW:  Did a House of Cards Season 3 Marathon this weekend.  Took almost 2 hours to drive home today from work because of this awful weather and one more storm on the way later this week.  My puppy doesn't seem to mind it but our deck must have 2.5 feet of snow on it and the chairs are buried.  Can we say SPRING?

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    Update: I actually had my transfer today, 3/3. Put 2 in - one 7-cell grade 2 early blast and one 9-cell grade 1 expanding blast. This is my Hail Mary so went for it. Seems I can get pregnant somewhat easily (when using a donor, not my eggs!), just can't hold onto them. Hopefully this cycle is different.

QOTW: We have had a weird winter too - pretty cold but not when you'd expect it. Like it got really cold in early November and then again the last couple weeks. Not a lot of snow, which to me, if it's going to be stupid-cold outside I want snow too. Gotta' love what global warming is doing to our weather patterns, huh? But I digress. I don't really have an answer except for try to go somewhere warm at the end of the Winter season. That helps a little, but then could also make you more crazy because of what you may have to go back to!

SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 since Fall 2008
    High FSH, Sertoli Cell Only Syndrome
    Unsuccessful with my OE, moving to DE + DS
    DE + DS IVF #1: Dec 2012 - BFP, nothing at first u/s 
    DE + DS IVF #2: 3/14/13 - c/p
    DE + DS IVF #3: 7/12/13 - BFP! Finally! No heartbeat at 7w1d.
    DE + DS IVF #4: 5/16/14 - BFN
    DE + DS IVF #5: 9/3/14 - BFP at 5.5dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 9dp5dt: 438; hb of 133 at 6w5d, no hb at 7w1d
    DE + DS IVF #6: 3/3/15 - BFN on HPTs through 7dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 8dp5dt: 19, Beta 2 @ 10dp5dt: 76, nothing at u/s

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky 
  • Options
    @ceemonkey - OMG, FX this is it! 

@irr - yay! 1/2 way there. (i'm saving HOC b/c i'm so behind w house/nest stuff...i do not trust myself NOT to watch the whole thing)

@refeek1 - hoping for good planning and answers, glad you are seeing your fav

@thespis7 - GL!!

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Km672Km672 member
    edited March 2015
    Hi Ladies,

Haven't checked in for a long time, but I've been lurking-

@mm29 - thinking of you as you get ready for your upcoming cycle!

@ceemonkey - sending you all of the luck in the world that this is IT for you!!

@2mamazinseattle - fx for a great transfer! (also, YGPM)

@refeek1 - so sorry about your last cycle. Best of luck with your wtf with your RE, hoping it's productive.

@chicagobride07 - thinking of you as you get closer to transfer!!

Update: Saw Dr. KK last week. I haven't really been thinking about our next steps too much over the past few months and even with the long wait, I wasn't ready to go to this appointment. I'm not ready to deal with this and face it again. I've been a wreck since I've gotten back, it opened all of the old wounds.

My follow up is at the end of the month. 

My husband and I are having a really tough time deciding on our next steps. I feel more lost than ever.

QOTW: my husband is going crazy... I'm a homebody (though I'd love to be barefoot in our backyard), I don't have any good advice!!

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Options
    Just had our a/s this morning! It's a healthy baby boy!!!!!! All markers are good, little under weight at the 24 percentile, but Dr. is not concerned. I'm so excited! Called it from day 1. All the old wives tales and the chinese gender chard where right lol
  • Options
    Thanks everyone @refeek1 beta is next Wednesday........
  • Options
    IRRIRR member
    Good Luck @Ceemonkey and @Thespis7

Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    IRRIRR member
    It's a girl!  She looks perfect.  84% in weight 14oz at 20 weeks.  So thrilled.

• Options
    mm29mm29 member
    Congratulations @IRR!!!
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    ***New RE***

imageimage image 
  • Options
    GL to everyone cycling and expecting! @Km672, awesome that you were finally able to see Dr. KK. Her office has been very helpful to me, even if in the end my insurance denied IVIG coverage. She gave some really good tips and I now know things about my general health I wouldn't have otherwise. Looking forward to hear about your appointment at the end of the month.

Our final transfer is today. For this one we switched to a very large clinic here in Chicago. It was an interesting experience. A lot of red tape. I always wondered before working with such a big clinic why it took some ladies so long to cycle, now I completely understand. They were OK, but not nearly the personalized experience I got with my old RE. It tuned out OK since this was my 8th cycle and I knew what to ask and when to challenge them, but I would never recommend them for someone new to IVF or especially after a failure or two with a protocol that needs to be individualized. The RE was great but it really was the nurses running the show and making decisions and some of those were off of standard protocols which made no sense for my indvidual situation.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for today. My beta is March 19. This is the end of the road for us. Luckily we already have one child from the gift of DE. I never thought it would be so hard to conceive a sibling but I can honestly say at this point I feel like I've gone to the moon and back to try to do so, so I have no regrets.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    @ceemonkey thinking of you and good luck!!! I really hope this is the one!!!!!!!!
    @Km672 so glad you are moving forward as hard as it may be!! Don't give up I have all the hope for you it will be ok!!
    @2MamazInSeattle so glad your going round two Im hoping for a little sister or bro for Simone!!
    And to all my other for gals loved hearing. Your updates!!
    AFM: I got nothing... Never got my period still... Haven't even called my RE.... In a bit of denial and break right now but ready to get things going again soon... My two little frosties can't wait for me forever and I have meds that will expire!!
    Quick update on our Foster adoption... Little man is growing so fast and is 18 months old now. I have a toddler and it blows my mind! Bio mom has had her reunification terminated...and bio dad got 6 more months to reunify ... He's already messing up and social worker just took away his weekly visits to once a month visits... So that was huge for us!!!July is next court date and really hoping they terminate his reunification ..... looking great for us!!
    QOTW: Cali weather here... Nothin but sunshine... Was at the beach today in 82 degree weather!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"