May 2015 Moms
Options

Baby shopping 28 weeks baby boy

How many of you have done your fair share of shopping. I want to know what's to much and not. I really ready for baby showers to be over with, so I can really shop...lol so far hubby and I have purchased stroller, crib, onesies size newborn, 0-3, 3-6, and 6-9. Probably about 2-3 each. About 5-6 romper's 0-3 mths, 3 pk receiving blankets, 2 pack burp cloths, 5 bibs, 2 0-3 mths outfits. We've also purchased the bedding set and some accessories for that. My parents have purchased bassinet.

We haven't had baby showers yet. What are you all going into your baby showers having purchased or have so far?

Re: Baby shopping 28 weeks baby boy

• Options
    Cot pram car seat bibs burp clothes i got given a heap of clothes plus brought some have a sterilizer on layby with a few other things
  • Options
    We've bought the baby's dresser, changing pad, diapers, and a few outfits. Waiting for the baby showers before buying anything else!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the crib, changing table, nursery is finished other than a few decorations, 2-3 outfits in each size up to 9 months and a few pairs of baby shoes and some receiving blankets and of course starting a small stockpile on diapers, wipes, lotion, wash. Now just waiting on the baby shower in two weeks.
  • Options
    thanks, I guess I haven't gone overboard, I'm just waiting on showers too, which are in a couple of weeks and then the shopping continues.
  • Options
    With my first, I didn't buy anything until after I had my shower except for the dresser- which I didn't register for. I made a list of MUST HAVES, DEFINITELY WANTS, and LIKES. Then after the shower, we would cross off each item on the list when we wrote out the thank you. Then we returned all the "likes" and used the money to purchase the Must Haves and Definitely Want items that we didn't receive from the shower. 

I was having a girl, so we also bought no clothes except for her coming home outfit. A lot of aunts/grandmas don't even glance at your registry. They buy cute clothes and things they want you to have. (And my grandma also took off all the tags so we couldn't return. She's not your typical grandma). 

In the end, we had a bunch of money in gift cards to Buy Buy baby. Like $400. And we kept that with a list of things we'd eventually need/want, like the babyfood maker and toys and things like that. We bought those as we needed them. I'm glad we did that because we didn't start making baby food for my daughter until she was 6 months- so that was about 8 months after our shower. In that time, there were recalls and newer items that had come out and all that, so we waited to buy until it was time to use it. 
  • Options
    I would definitely try to hold off buying anything else until after your showers. I got almost everything I needed from my showers ( I do have a really big family though). It was much easier and worth the wait to assess after the showers and see what we still needed. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    If anyone wants to feel better about shopping early just look at me!! Lol. I have gone overboard on clothes I think. I've bought tons of different outfits, ranging from newborn to 12 months. Honestly I'm just really bored not working and I've always been a shopper so I'm not surprised with myself. I'd say baby already has about 30+ outfits. I know, I'm nuts. My mom bought us the crib and crib mattress. I bought the bedding and accessories. I have bibs and washcloths and towels. Bought a diaper bag.

Still have to get necessities like diapers and bottles and stuff though. Guess I'm waiting to see if anyone from DH's family surprises us with anything from my registry first. I made one for them to look at. I don't have any family in the area but he does so I made a registry of almost all "needs" in case anyone wanted to help out.

My mom wants to buy the stroller and car seat so I'm fortunate with that too. Still have yet to pick those out though.

Oh and I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow.
  • Options
    Wow @xxyourstruelyxo....I feel a lot better. But I understand where you are coming from. I'm a shopper as well, and if I was having a girl, I would be in the same boat. Baby Boy already has a lot of item, mostly clothes, that I figured or hope no one else buys....LOL He also has a suitcase that I have been filling with things that don't have hanger on it. I can't wait for the baby showers to see what we get and don't get, so I can go shopping SOME more.....LOL We have all the big items like carseat and stroller, crib, bassinet, and bedding.
  • Options
    I have a lot of bigger item hand me downs from relatives already (crib, changing table/dresser, swing, etc.), so trying to leave some stuff for people to buy at shower! I've been buying 6-12 month outfits for next winter, Baby Gap had some cute sweaters on sale. We've also picked up a few smaller newborn diaper packs (mostly because DH is stressing about not being prepared haha) and a few onesies.
    We're leaving the rest of the shopping until after shower, which is at the end of the month when
  • Options
    I have a lot of bigger item hand me downs from relatives already (crib, changing table/dresser, swing, etc.), so trying to leave some stuff for people to buy at shower! I've been buying 6-12 month outfits for next winter, Baby Gap had some cute sweaters on sale. We've also picked up a few smaller newborn diaper packs (mostly because DH is stressing about not being prepared haha) and a few onesies.
    We're leaving the rest of the shopping until after shower, which is at the end of the month when
  • Options
  • Options
    Don't know why that posted so many times...sorry! #-o
  • Options

What do newborn babies sleep in during the summer months? Do they sleep in those coveralls....I've been debating on getting any of those, because they have been on sale..but I guess I can wait until after my shower which is in the next 3 weeks...

I just don't know if to get them when babies are small, since he'll be born during the summer time frame.

• Options
    scharle3 said:

What do newborn babies sleep in during the summer months? Do they sleep in those coveralls....I've been debating on getting any of those, because they have been on sale..but I guess I can wait until after my shower which is in the next 3 weeks...

I just don't know if to get them when babies are small, since he'll be born during the summer time frame.

Great question!! I was actually wondering the same exact thing. Of course I was out and saw some cute ones I had to snag but even I thought to myself "is this what I need??? What *do* they sleep in in the summer??" Same exact question over here!!

And lol I'm glad I could make you feel better about the early shopping! :D It's all I do. I need to get a different hobby.

• Options
    I guess great minds think alike.  When are you due and what are you having?
  • Options
    xxyourstrulyxo scharle3 

I also had this same question so I googled it and found this site. I found it to be pretty helpful.

• Options
    scharle3 said:

I guess great minds think alike.  When are you due and what are you having?

I'm just glad I'm not the only one with all of these questions... lol. Well let's see... my natural due date is May 19th but I'm high risk and my maternal fetal doctor won't let me go past 39 weeks so they want to induce May 12th but I have a feeling DD will come even sooner than that! This is my first. :) a baby girl!

When is your son due??

And yay! Thanks for the link! :)

• Options

Oh wow...My due date is May 20th and we're having a boy!!! @xxyoursturlyxo

Yes I always have a lot of questions and most the time I think they are crazy, but I ask anyway bc I want to know...LOL

• Options
    My sister gifted us the crib. I made the bedding with money my grandma gave me. Ummm dresser was free from the curb just had to fix it. Alot of goodwill finds. I didn't buy alot of clothes but I got some outfits, I'm getting a lot of hand me downs from friends who just had boys too. So that helps. I did the terrible thing and haven't really stocked up on diapers or wipes but money is tight and I figured I would get enough at the shower. I bought bottles at ross that are high at target lol got room decor stuff baskets and totes Lol my shower is this weekend I'm so excited. With all the bad luck we've had we need a good day and something less to worry about for a while.
  • Options
    I have all of the 'big' items - mostly hand me downs (crib, strollers, car seats), and I had a dresser already that's the perfect height to double as a change table once I get a pad to put on top.  My folks got me a glider rocker already too, just waiting for it to arrive.  I've tried to be 'good' about clothes, but there've been a couple of online sales at Old Navy that sucked me in, and well, I did pick up 5 outfits/sleepers today.  :P  I really haven't bought anything in the 'small' sizes - most things were 6-9 month onesies which I figure I'll use a lot of anyway.  The sleepers I only have 3 so far total, a 6, 9, and 12 month size each.  And, I did find a coming home outfit today too, so I HAD do get that.  I've left tags on everything, and will until after my shower.  I don't mind exchanging even the things I bought if I end up with a lot.  

Bought a diaper bag and baby seat, and a video monitor during Cyber Monday sales since they were so cheap.  A few little toys/rattle/teethers but I've tried to keep a cap on that too.

I'm cloth diapering so I did order the bulk of those since it's hard to find the ones I want in stock.  I have another smaller order to do yet for those, and have decided to just go with a hanging 'wet' diaper pail for behind the door - one for each floor.  I figured even if I did register at a diaper place, no one wants to get you those anyway!  

My registry is mostly 'would likes', like the car mirror to see the baby, a few toys, bottles, swaddling blankets.  Some practical things, but nothing expensive.
  • Options
    I've gone a little over board with the clothes so I've stopped buying that... I have about 20- 30 outfits including onsies sizes from newborn to 6 months.... I ordered 3 bundles of diapers from the honest company sizes 1-3.. I've bought bottles, 2 diaper bags(backpacks) from kanken, the mini and classic.. 8 little linen company swaddle blankets, The urbini omni stroller in red, the crib I already had from my daughter, we had bought her the convertible so she was using it as a bed but we bought her another one so back to a crib it will go, just bought the mattress last week for it though, then we have socks, mittens, hats, I'm thinking of getting him a mamaroo but I'm hesitant because it's pretty pricey AND this will be my LAST child( baby #4)... Maybe I'll try craigslist and see if I could get it cheeper there...mmmmm... I think that's it...
  • Options
    I'm pretty much done besides diapers and wipes but I'm waiting to go out of town on that for Costco! But I'm not having a shower this time around so we figured we'd start early and slowly gather when we have extra money! We have two car seats (both gifted), a crib from our daughter who is in her toddler bed now, clothes (bought and gifted), breast pump, two bouncers (gifted), swing (got on sale), baby Bjorne. All I have left are little things like diaper rash cream, Tylenol, gripe water, and smaller necessities.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"