School-Aged Children
Options

Easter baskets

Hello there,

Are you still doing Easter baskets for your kids?

My son is 6 years old, and I have already bought some stuff, but wanted to get some ideas.

So far I have: hot wheels, balls (soccer ball w/ cones, football, baseball, handball), markers, coloring books, activity books, Easter candy, crackers, socks, drinking cups, playing cards, Angry Birds erasers

What are you guys including (if you are still doing them)?

Thanks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Easter baskets

• Options
    So... my kids are 10 and 14, and I still do Easter baskets and we still hide eggs, even though they know the truth behind the bunny.

When they were younger, I did baskets that were similar to what you're doing.  I have also found it's a great way to top off the school supplies and power through the end of the year.  The Bunny would bring them fun pencils, markers, pencil grippers, etc.  I did feel more compelled to stuff the basket full of goodies.

Now that they're older and they know it's essentially a gift from mom and dad, I try to get them one bigger thing that's something different or unusual, that they wouldn't think to ask for.  I don't worry about making sure the basket is stuffed full of gadgets and gizmos.  For instance, last year I got my DD -- who loves to cook -- an issue of Epicurious magazine.  I got my son a "How To Draw Dragons" book.  I just put that in there with maybe one or two other things and their favorite candy.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    This year they are both getting a Disney baby doll and candy in the plastic eggs. DD1 is almost 4 and DD2 is 16 months.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yes, baskets here! On top of the great suggestions you already made, i might add flip flops, kite, sidewalk chalk and outside stuff to usher in the spring season. Was at AC Moore last weekend and the options are endless. 

DD is almost 4 (siggy won't update) and wants to do a garden this year. I might have the bunny give her some basic stuff for a mini garden. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love to reup on the spring/summer stuff for Easter. They usually get flip flops, sidewalk chalk, squirt guns, bubbles, kites, gardening stuff and other outside toys. I like the school supply idea. I will probably also include some things they need, like toothbrushes and undies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"