July 2015 Moms
Options

ALWAYS HUNGRY?!

i don't know how many other mums to be are the same but just recently I can't stop eating! I am litterally always hungry, and when I say hungry I mean full on hunger pains and feeling sick from an empty stomach kinda hungry! I eat big quantities of my normal breakfast dinner and tea, and within 10 mins of finishing the hunger kicks in all over again!!i can't possibly be that hungry that I need food again that soon after but it's really getting to me now, today alone ive had a massive bowl of pasta which was enough to feed 2 fully grown people, pretty much are a full loaf of bread to myself and a full box of cereal and that's without the fruit and veg ive been snacking on!? Honestly don't know what to do with myself just recently!!

Re: ALWAYS HUNGRY?!

• Options
    I am also constantly hungry. Try increasing protein and veggies as they leave you fuller longer.
  • Options
    Me too! I had to start eating more protein fruit and veggies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Story of my life. I literally can't stop eating. The healthier of a choice that I make the more quickly I get hungry again.
  • Options
    I need to find some way of making myself feel fuller for longer I can't keep eating like this it's costing a fortune and it really can't be healthy, I get im eating for 2 but the way I am anyone would think I'm eating for 10!!
  • Options
    Same I'm hungry all the time. It drives me crazy and I think people think I'm lying!!
  • Options
    I have days like this and some days I'm fine. Totally understand where you are coming from...there are moments that I feel very sick if I don't eat then and there.
  • Options
    I still can't eat alot. I am eating normal if not less. I do get hungry but then once i start eating I feel uncomfortable like I get full fast. I feel like I run out of room quick. It's a pain Because i'd like to enjoy my food. But i'm sure my appetite will increase.
  • Options

I still can't eat alot. I am eating normal if not less. I do get hungry but then once i start eating I feel uncomfortable like I get full fast. I feel like I run out of room quick. It's a pain Because i'd like to enjoy my food. But i'm sure my appetite will increase.

This is where I'm at as well. I'm pretty constantly hungry but I get full so fast! It's crazy, because I really feel like I should eat more, but I get about 10 bites in and I'm done. 9 times out of 10 I wind up with indigestion after as well. :( My stomach feels like it's the size of a pea! I'm hoping that changes soon. I want to eat everything!!
  • Options
    I am always hungry. I love food it's almost like my best friend lol. My poor bf will be eating something and I'll end up eating half of his food. I try to drink water more and eat granola bars. I also like to eat green chile because it fills me up fast and isn't real unhealthy.
  • Options
    asherk said:

This is where I'm at as well. I'm pretty constantly hungry but I get full so fast! It's crazy, because I really feel like I should eat more, but I get about 10 bites in and I'm done. 9 times out of 10 I wind up with indigestion after as well. :( My stomach feels like it's the size of a pea! I'm hoping that changes soon. I want to eat everything!!
    LoL exactly ! I just drink a nutrition shake for breakfast. And take my vitamins. I don't eat junk food. And just try to make healthy decisions when I do eat meals. That's the best I can do at this point.
  • Options
    I was like this my first trimester, now I can go almost all day without eating and be totally fine (much like how I was pre pregnancy). Although I do snack all day to keep from getting ravenous.
  • Options
    Me. Tooooo! I've struggled with eating disorders for a very long time so I'm wondering if all this hunger is just my body's way of telling me I need to keep it full and healthy for the little one. Every hour or so my stomach starts to full on growl at me as a reminder to eat. I've been figuring it all out though and what I've been able to do to keep the hunger pains at bay is to prep a full week's worth of snacks to keep at both of my jobs. I pack little snack bags of carrots, grapes, honey roasted peanuts, dried cranberries... I even have little baggies of popcorn and fruit snacks. Between this and the massive amounts of sparkling water I have with my constantly, at least the HUNGER induced nausea has been manageable. Most people I know told me I had to really stick to my three meals a day, but honestly it's been easier to graze throughout the day and have smaller portions at said meals. Hope this helps!
  • Options

i don't know how many other mums to be are the same but just recently I can't stop eating! I am litterally always hungry, and when I say hungry I mean full on hunger pains and feeling sick from an empty stomach kinda hungry! I eat big quantities of my normal breakfast dinner and tea, and within 10 mins of finishing the hunger kicks in all over again!!i can't possibly be that hungry that I need food again that soon after but it's really getting to me now, today alone ive had a massive bowl of pasta which was enough to feed 2 fully grown people, pretty much are a full loaf of bread to myself and a full box of cereal and that's without the fruit and veg ive been snacking on!? Honestly don't know what to do with myself just recently!!

I wonder if you are eating a lot quantity wise, but not eating high protein foods. Cereal and pasta are carbs that won't fill you up as long as eggs, meats, cheese, nuts, tofu, avacado, etc. I know they recommend pregnant women get 60 grams of protein minimum a day, and I admit it is hard to get that much but I have become more conscious of my food choices from a protein perspective
  • Options
    I am so tired of eating but if I don't I get so hungry I could cry the only thing that takes my hunger away for a little while is big soft juicy dates or chips
  • Options
    asherk said:

I have the same issue. So I eat multiple times a day, but not a lot. Literally starting this 2nd tri has me addicted to Luna bars and yogurt. My husband hates that I eat that for dinner. But I cant help it, I wont be able to eat a full meal. I eat a quarter of it and two hours later right before bed Im hungry again. At least my weight is maintained haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"