April 2014 Moms
Options

Refusing formula??

As some of you may remember, LO came down with a stomach bug Tuesday night. She threw up all night Tuesday and only once Wednesday. The biggest problem we are having is that she has refused to take a bottle (or sippy) of formula ever since!!! I just thought she still wasn't feeling good so something milk based didn't sound good to her but from Tuesday to Saturday with no formula is making me really nervous. She will nurse but I am not producing enough (when I pump at work over the course of 8 hours I only get 2 ounces). She is eating applesauce and other small meals but still not enough. Have any of you gone through this?? How do I get her to take the formula?!?

Re: Refusing formula??

• Options
    I have not gone through that but I would call your doctor for advise. If it were happening to me, I'd be feeding her avocados, banana, full fat yogurt kind of foods to make up for the fats she wasn't drinking.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would also call your doctor. Is she getting enough liquids? Water, pedialyte? Could you try whole milk?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would call the doctor as well. Mine has done hunger strikes when sick or teething but not to that extent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"