September 2015 Moms
Options

Popping your back question

I have disc issues in my lower back that cause a lot of pain and which never seem to be alleviated until I pop it, usually by putting one leg over the other and turning the opposite direction, but since being pregnant I feel unsure about the safety of doing this and yet I keep forgetting to ask my OB about it. Does anyone know about this or at least have any thoughts??

Best Answers

• Options
    hhankinson14hhankinson14 member
    Answer ✓
    I don't think it could do much, in my opinion I don't think you have anything to worry about. Maybe set a reminder in your phone to ask your doctor! Lol I'm forgetful too I have to write important stuff down. Yay "pregnancy brain"
  • Options
    WDDCHWDDCH member
    Answer ✓
    I would definitely ask about that. Your pelvis is shifting and your spine even curves differently during pregnancy. I would be concerned that that is going to do more harm than good BUT I'm not a doc. I'd see a Webster-certified chiropractor as they are trained specifically for pregnancy and the changes that accompany your body during pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsPyrowizMrsPyrowiz member
    Answer ✓
    I would see about going to the chiropractor. I have severe back issues and have been thinking about making an appointment with my friend's FIL. He's a chiropractor specializing in infants and pregnant women.
  • Options
    mrscate88mrscate88 member
    Answer ✓
    I still crack my back (feels so good), but I'll also ask doc on Tuesday if that is okay. It definitely relieves pain and baby is okay so far at 11w6d. Keep us posted with what your doc says!
  • Options
    sugarmagn0liasugarmagn0lia member
    Answer ✓
    If my back really feels like it needs cracking, I sometimes have my SO hug me and pop it for me...I asked once since being pregnant and totally forgot how much my breasts have hurt pretty much since conception...bad plan haha! At any rate, I'd ask your OB but I can't imagine a huge issue with the way it turns your body, plus (at least when I've done that) it seems like your body twists far above where baby is at, doesn't it?
  • Options
    crivera919crivera919 member
    Answer ✓
    I do the same thing. My chiropractor told me I should do it as long as I can to stay in alignment. The longer my back is aligned the better I will feel, which will be better for baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"