February 2015 Moms
Options

How many bags did you take to the hospital?

em4iowaem4iowa member
edited February 2015 in February 2015 Moms
How many bags did you have? Did you take them in at once? Were you induced (so your bags weren't spontaneous) or go naturally without a schedule? I'm debating on taking my shower bag in at the time of my induction because I won't need it right away. Also, I may have over-packed, but that's just how I am, and if I end up with a c-section I want enough clothes for a 4-day stay rather than 2 for vaginal birth. I just don't want to seem ridiculous with my 3 bags. 1 for clothes for me and the husband, 1 with boppy and babe's going home clothes, and one with shower/makeup/hair stuff.

Pregnancy Ticker

How many bags did you take to the hospital? 94 votes

42% 40 votes
34% 32 votes
19% 18 votes
4+
4% 4 votes

Re: How many bags did you take to the hospital?

• Options
    We had 2 - a labor bag and a postpartum bag. I definitely overpacked and took out a bunch of stuff before we went to the hospital, and even then I didn't use much of what we brought.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I definitely over packed. I didn't use half of the things that I packed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I packed like an idiot I didn't bring any toiletries :( but the hospital gave me a couple of bags of breast pump stuff and baby stuff which was pretty great
  • Options
    We had 3, a bag for our clothes and toiletries that we took up for labor and postpartum. We had a bag of snacks. Our third bag was our little ones bag of clothes and things. My DH went and got this bag after we were moved to a postpartum room.
  • Options
    I deffinately overpacked considering I was in a hospital gown wayyyy longer then expected. (Due to being induced and it taking 2 1/2 days and then another day in the gown because of magnesium)
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    2 and I way overpacked
    Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married 3/22/14
    Baby #1 GIRL EDD 2/4/2015
    FVL/History of PE/Gallbladder removal 8/7/14 @ 14w1d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My bag, Dh overnight bag and diaper bag
  • Options
    We took 2. One had our clothes and the other had a blanket and snacks for after labor.
  • Options
    I had a scheduled c-section and took 3 bags: a carry-on size with mine and hubby's clothes, small tote with shower and toiletry items, and diaper bag for baby. We were told not to bring any bags inside the hospital until we made it out of recovery and into our mother-baby room.
  • Options
    We brought one bag and the boppie. This was my third, so I only packed the essentials (clothes, phone charger, and I put toiletries in a ziplock) and I threw in my labor tools before we left (essential oils, speaker for music, etc).
    Two under two, here we come!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage image
  • Options
    I was induced and we had one bag for us and one bag for the baby. My poor hubby didn't pack enough clothes though because we delivered so late we had to stay another day but after getting home I felt like I over packed lol
  • Options
    I had seperate bags for me, hubby, & baby. I had my purse w stuff for labor & baby book. Def over packed. I think I wore my own stuff once for about an hour but was so uncomfortable i put the hospital robe back on. Def bring your own toiletries!
  • Options
    I walked in there, being induced and expecting a vaginal delivery, with 2 bags packed enough for 3 days. 1 with clothes for hubby and I and then the diaper bag packed with all of baby's things. I ended up walking out of there, having an emergency cesarean and staying 5 days, with three large hospital belonging bags in addition to our two initial bags. So I would hope for the best, but plan for the worst because I seriously didn't.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I walked in planning on a vaginal birth and ended up c section as well. I was in the hospital Saturday to Thursday evening. The first 3 days I was in the hospital gown since I was laboring and recovering. I packed enough for 3-4 days, but my husband went home at night after I delivered, so he was able to bring anything extra I needed when he came to the hospital. I had 2 overnight bags and 2 camera bags, but I used everything I brought!
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    One smallish overnight bag containing 2 comfy outfits, slippers, small makeup bag, travel sized toiletries in side pocket, a package of baby wipes, and one outfit/blanket for baby. I also had my purse which had camera and cell charger. Didn't need or want for anything else. Hospital provided towels etc and everything else I needed for baby. This was my 4th delivery and by now I know what I need to 'survive' for a night or two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"