March 2015 Moms
Options

Blink of an Eye

shefrisch53shefrisch53 member
edited February 2015 in March 2015 Moms
Hello ladies, I would like to tell everyone of my birth story.

Monday: feb 23rd was like any other. Get the kids dressed, school, waiting impatiently for baby to arrive. Have a doctor appointment today. Hope he will tell me I have started dilating :).

1pm: receiving non stress test. Something is wrong. Baby heart is changing from quick to slow. Not much movement. nurse is worried. Doctor calls for an ultrasound. Checking to see if there is any possible sign that something is wrong with baby. Umbilical line around neck? Breach?

2:20 pm: ultrasound tech places her equipment on my belly. Baby is breach. Heart still having issues. Fluid is low. Measurements taken baby is extremely small for his gestational date. 6 weeks behind. Tech calls doctor, not much is said to me. Tech walks me back to labor and delivery.

3:30 pm: doctor walks into labor and delivery room, followed quickly by a group of people explaining something is wrong with baby. We are going in for an emergency c-section. There is no time for a spinal. Baby is dying. We are putting you out.

Urgently trying to call husband, no answer. Leaves him with a text. "Baby is coming, get to hospital. I love you"

Prepped for surgery, the room is cold. Oxygen is given. Vital signs still dropping on baby. Surgeon telling me what is going to happen. Then I am asked to count down from ten.... 10, 9, 8, 7......

4:07 pm: baby is born, to everyone's surprise he is a fighter. Heart rate bounces up, color is pink. Little oxygen is needed. Full term 39 week baby, 5 lbs 3 oz 18 inches long. Perfect, happy, healthy.

Re: Blink of an Eye

• Options
    Wow I can't imagine the roller coaster of emotions you went through! :( so glad to hear he is doing well! Prayers for you both!
  • Options
    Wow!!! What a story!! Your husband must have been in shock as well! What did he say when he finally get to the hospital ??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He was able to get there 45 minutes after my text. Had to find baby sitters for my 5 and 3 year old. He got to give baby first bottle and first bath. So it made up for him not being with me.

It was a very stressful situation but everything happened so quick i was lucky not to be able to dwell on it long.
  • Options
    So glad things turned out well! Congratulations on your little fighter!
  • Options
    Congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    oh heavens.
  • Options
    Wow how scary, so glad your little guy is doing well, congrats!
  • Options
    That's insane! I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but I'm so happy that you and your baby are both healthy! What a great ending to that story! Congratulations!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• Options
    Wow glad all is good!

I have a question, did you feel anything prior? Movements decrease or something like that?!

This is very scary! He is a hero ;)
  • Options
    I didn't feel him move at all monday. Little butterfly movements here and there but nothing like he was normally doing.
  • Options

I didn't feel him move at all monday. Little butterfly movements here and there but nothing like he was normally doing.

Thank you. I think you did great as you realised quite quickly, also it goes to show how important is for us to go to our weekly appointments...

I will be honest sometimes I don't feel like going because my Dr office is so far and I live in Ottawa Canada and it has been -30 Celsius but I force myself to go...

Again so glad he is fine!! :x
  • Options
    Glad you are all ok! Congrats on your baby!
  • Options
    Congrats!!...im glad you and baby are ok!!
  • Options
    Very scary but sooooo glad mommy and baby are doing well:)
  • Options
    Wow! What a story, I was crying for you until I got to the end. Congratulations ! I know we don't know each other well on here, but we are all going through this journey together. So so happy you have little one safe in your arms! What a little miracle baby. What a blessing you were at the dr at just the right time :)
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats! I bet you are so thankful that you were at the dr. when all of this happened! Seemed the nurses/dr. took to the necessary steps to ensure both you and baby were safe! 

Wishing you all the best with your new healthy bundle of joy!!!
  • Options
    So glad your baby is doing great! and that you went to your appointment!
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing. I am so glad your little one is healthy, and I hope you are able to recover quickly from the csection!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"