February 2015 Moms
Options

Post partum Healing Questions

Hello! To those who have delivered, or STMs:
- how long do you anticipate (or did you) take to heal?
- how long did bleeding go on?
- when did you introduce exercise and what did you start with?
I'm curious because I feel great! I worked out during pregnancy and am DYING not keeping my muscle strength up. I had walked and done strength stuff. I feel good, but when I tried some exercise, whew my perineum healing digressed.
I'm two weeks PP, with a first degree tear, and some roids (tmi?). Any ideas on ballpark? I know we're all different. My dr is pretty relaxed and didn't give me yay or nay on anything.
Thanks!

Re: Post partum Healing Questions

• Options
    I'm completely with you. I've been aching to go run, but I'm holding off because I know it's important to heal after such a big event. Your body will thank you. I'm only walking until my 6 week follow up.

As far as when you can start again, we can't help you. But call your doctor and ask them. They'll be able to tell you. Please don't risk anything without getting their permission first. :)
  • Options
    With my first I had a lot of tearing and stitches. Because of this I was prescribed Percocet. This made me feel great so I felt like I could do anything. I didn't start walking until my 2 week follow up at which I wasn't bleeding anymore. I started walking and started bleeding again. I was still bleeding at my 6 week check up. He extended my pelvic rest and no working out rule to 8 weeks or a week after bleeding stopped. I stopped bleeding at 7 weeks. This time around was a much easier delivery and 1 stich. Therefore my pain meds consist of Ibuprofen which is making me feel the toll on my body unlike with my first. I am going to follow doctors orders on no heavy lifting which I was specifically told lift nothing heavier than baby. That means I need to ask for help taking care of my 18 month old. I'm going to follow doctors orders after the stories he told me about patients who did not. He pretty much told me stories and said if you want to stay home with your kids than sit on the couch for 2 weeks and don't lift anything but baby. So no cooking cleaning etc. I'm going to just take advantage of that and do what he said.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just started exercising (more then walking) by doing 25 sit ups and 50 squats last night. I will be 5 weeks pp on Sunday. I still have some light bleeding going on. It is not consistent, but enough to still go with a panty liner.
    My tears healed by week 2 1/2, however I didn't tear on my perineum and one side required stitches. (I was never told to what degrees I tore.)
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Waiting till 6 weeks myself, mostly because I did very little through pregnancy and my bleeding is still varying in levels at almost 5 weeks postpartum. In general, as I've been told all 3 times I've given birth, if your bleeding picks up, you're doing too much.
  • Options
    - how long do you anticipate (or did you) take to heal? My lady bits felt pretty good about 3 dpp
    - how long did bleeding go on? Stopped after 3 weeks
    - when did you introduce exercise and what did you start with? Haven't yet - prob some light excersise following my 6 week appt
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm waiting till my 6 week check up. I was a high risk pregnacy so I stopped running and lifting all together. Just making sure I eat right in the meantime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"