June 2015 Moms
Options

Husband is being kinda annoying..

so, anyone else dealing with a DH that is whining about how supposedly baby doesnt like him cause he cant feel movement? its getting VERY annoying. and he doesnt seem to believe my explanations of how potato(what we call LO as DH's ancestors were potato farmers) isnt moving constantly..
how do i deal with this?

Re: Husband is being kinda annoying..

• Options
    Tell your DH that little potato will eventually fall in love with him and that LO simply needs some time (to grow actually and to become more easily "feelable" :D )
    And when LO actually starts to move a little stronger and you also become aware when he'll/she'll kick for sure just tell him to put his hand on your belly :)))
    But I guess you know all this anyway :)))
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I bet your DH is just looking for some attention and is feeling a bit left out of the 'ol baby making process. You are undergoing big changes and Probably getting lots of questions and he probably feels like he's been sidelined since all he got to contribute so far is a single cell. Maybe you can refocus his energy to some baby oriented project or find some other way to make him feel appreciated? If he's just irritating you deflect when you can. He will feel the baby soon enough as the baby grows.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well first off, let him know he's being annoying and not cute (that might be what he's aiming for). Lovingly, if possible ;) If there are times when baby is more active (for me it's around bedtime) let him know that's the time to try...and to be very patient. My first would stop moving every time anyone touched my belly, even me, and couldn't be coaxed into moving around again until the hand was removed. This time we've got a real wiggler who pauses when hubby puts a hand on my belly but then gets right back to business. Also, try laying belly-to-belly with your husband - mine has always enjoyed that because it feels more intimate and both babies seemed less adverse to squirming around (this baby will even push back really firmly whenever I get a hug, lol). Good luck!
  • Options
    Ewok is also pretty active for me as I'm laying down to sleep at night, so I've had DH just rest his hand where usually feel the most movement and then we just lay there until one of us falls asleep and moves out of position. He keeps wanting to press a little, and it seems like when he does ewok stops moving around for a while there. So I just tell him he'll probably feel it when he's spacing out on other things and relax, man. The PP idea of tummy to tummy is really sweet, tho. Sounds like a nice bonding experience, whether he feels baby or not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mrsmoxiemrsmoxie member
    edited March 2015
    When I was pregnant with our daughter, whenever I called my husband to come over and feel her, she would immediately stop. We chalked it up to him just easily comforting her. She's now the biggest daddy's girl ever, and he can get her to take a nap even when she's not even tired.

Edited to clarify
  • Options
    Tell him to sit back and realize what he is whining about. It's not worth it and soon he will feel the baby lots and even see hiccups and movement.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My bf thinks staring at my belly is a waste of time and doesn't seem the least bit interested when he kicks so... at least he's excited in some capacity.
  • Options
    My husband joked about that before but then he bought us some shamrock shakes and baby girl was moving like crazy so then he felt her. You can't really guess when baby will move at this point so tell him to suck it up Lol
  • Options
    thanks to everyone who responded! late last night while laying in bed together i felt a couple movements so i quickly grabbed DH's hand "put 'er there" so to speak, and he finally felt something! the look on his face was adorable. thanks for all your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"