Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

First time trying for a baby

Hello everyone. I'm 19 and my husband is 21. We've been married for a year and we want to start trying for a baby. (I think the term is TTC, if I'm correct. I have no idea about all of these acronyms you use) I've been using Seasonique (sp) the 90 day birth control pill and I just finished my last row and am currently on my period, sorry if that's tmi. We want to start trying as soon as possible, I'm just wondering what our chances are? We're both very healthy and in shape, and I've been taking prenatal vitamins for about a week now. I bought some ovulation tests for this next cycle because I have no idea when I'll ovulate or how long it will take for my cycle to go back to normal. I don't really have any specific questions, any and all advice would be helpful!

Re: First time trying for a baby

• Options
    A healthy couple has 20% chance each cycle to get pregnant. Every one is different when coming off bc, I'm trying for #2 but I'm only on my second cycle. With my daughter I went off bc and by the time I was suppose to have my period I was pregnant. Not so lucky this time. So it really depends on your body. Best of luck to you on your journey. And wishing bfp (big fat positive) to you. :)
  • Options
    20%. Happy humping!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    20% chance of conception every cycle. Also, just so you are aware, it can take some time for your cycles to return to normal after coming off bcps. Most everything you will experience is normal...
  • Options
    Yep! Agree with all of the other ladies.
    I was on my 6th cycle when I got pregnant with DS (dear son).
    I'm starting my third cycle this week trying for our second child. We were careful my first cycle just to let my body adjust, and my second cycle we weren't careful but didn't actively try. We will be actively trying from this point on.

Good luck to y'all!!
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thank you everyone! We're really excited to start trying, I'm just driving myself crazy by googling everything. Best of luck to you all!!! :)
  • Options
    Stay away from google!
  • Options
    Good question! Is Seasonique a hormonal birth control? I just got my copper IUD removed a month ago, as my husband and I are ready also. Have you met with your physician for a preconception check up? She could probably provide more information! We are going to a "meet & greet" thing at our local hospital to meet with a bunch of different midwives & obgyns.
  • Options
    Agree with the above.
  • Options
    I agree about checking out Fertility Friend and tracking your basal body temperature (BBT) each morning. It's really easy and will help you pinpoint when you ovulate each month so you can get a general idea of when you should be trying. OPKs are great too for knowing when to have sex, but charting your BBT will show you when you actually ovulated each month so you know if you've been timing it right. I discovered I ovulated between day 17-19 of the month, not day 14 like the average suggests (even though I had 27-31 day cycles). This was super helpful for me to know because if I had assumed I ovulated on day 14, I would be missing out on my prime fertile days. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    I also agree with what @Woodk2010 is doing! I learned a lot from my midwife and have a good relationship with her! Mine also has the added benefit of an online message service so if I have a quick question for her but I don't think I need to go in, I can just send a message. Plus, the office gave me a bunch of prenatal vitamin samples, information on possible testing and I got to ask specific health questions regarding my medical history and its possible effect on my future pregnancy! Good luck!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"