June 2015 Moms

Chinese Predictor Test?

Hi ladies! We're Team Green and due June 2. We have a 2.5 year-old DS and we lost a baby at 9 weeks last January. We were Team Green with our son and I had no idea these calendars even existed during that pregnancy. I've visited several websites and almost all of them predicted his sex accurately and are predicting a girl for this baby. I was just curious to see if any of you did this and how accurate they are. Because of my prior loss and my age I did have genetic testing done back in November and I am well aware that if I wanted to know I could. I just thought it would be fun to see what your experiences were.

Re: Chinese Predictor Test?

• According to the calendar I was having a boy....but according to my anatomy scan I'm having a girl lol so it was def wrong for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • According to calender for me it said girl. But I am having a boy. Lol. My step mom did it just to see what it said for her since her kids are well grown, and for her first born it said boy and was right. The second said she was having a girl and she had a boy lol
  • It said I was having a girl, but we're having a boy...
  • I recently read something that said if the chances are 50/50 then the results are 90% something percent "accurate." So it makes it look like it was correct only because there are only two options. I thought that was interesting.
  • As you already know, it's just for funsies...I have a 12 yo girl, and am expecting another little girl in June. The Chinese predictor calendar has said "girl" both pregnancies for me. And I know for a fact that this one is a girl because we had an amnio done for other reasons. :)
  • Depends on which site you go to, but almost all if them said boy for me and I'm having a girl.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• I did two prediction charts from two different websites. One asked for my age at conception and 1st date of last period, the other for age at conception and due date. I got a girl, and a boy. We're Team Green, too, and have been having fun playing with these and the old wives tales. Just for funsies
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm with @mellymar, I did 2 different sites and got 2 different results - because it's just for fun :)

FWIW, for me, the one here on the bump got it wrong. It said boy, as did just about every other old wives tale test, but ultrasound said we're having a girl.
  • They are just for fun, wrong with both of my pregnancies.
  • Obviously, just for fun. It was correct on all 3 of my pregnancies. :)
  • mine said boy and we're having a girl
  • It was wrong for every one of my children. It was just for fun.
  • The Chinese chart has been wrong for me with both pregnancies.  It said my daughter would be a boy... and that this nugget is a girl, and he is not! 
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• The chart said a girl for me and my friend who is due in April and both our anatomy scans said girls so it was right for both of us!
  • Nruiz29 said:

According to the calendar I was having a boy....but according to my anatomy scan I'm having a girl lol so it was def wrong for me.

This! It was wrong for me too.
  • Chinese predictor said I was having a boy, however, fetal chromosomes and anatomy scan show we are having a girl.
  • Worked for me! I did it around 10 weeks and it said boy. Became TEAM BLUE officially at our 19 week a/s

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• I didn't do a single Old Wives Tale sex prediction test... I just don't see the *fun* in it as everyone says... I mean, it's 50/50... boy or girl... sometimes right sometimes wrong... often conflicting, how fun is that?
  • It was right for both of my living children (boy then girl).
  • I just did the lunar age one @catalinasmama posted, and it said boy. Those of us who are team green will have to come back to this thread after birth and compare notes on how well they worked, lol
  • Mine said boy and we're having a boy
  • The Chinese test and the old wives ring test said boy! I was certain I was carrying a girl but when the ring test kept consistently saying boy like 5 times in a row I was like hmmmm. We found out the sex a week later.. boy it is! Glad I found out as we can't agree on names and decided to take away the 50% of extra energy needed to think of girl names too!
  • When I looked at the calendar, it said I was having a girl. The Harmony test confirmed that the baby is indeed a girl!
  • Out of 4 pregnancies, all 4 were correct. However, it depends on which website you go to. I have found that not all Chinese predictor calendars give the same result. There is definitely a 50/50 chance it will be correct. I would not put all your eggs in one basket! ;) Plz update us when the time comes and make a reference to this thread :)
    imageimage

• Every time I've taken one of those tests it said I was having a boy but my ultrasounds say I'm having a girl. But the sex of the baby really has nothing to do with the questions they ask you in those tests
  • I have four kiddos and it was right for everyone of them. This time it said girl and the blood test and scan says boy. It was fun to see if it was right though!
  • My friend swears by the Chinese calendar, it was right for both her kids. & it was also accurate for me
  • It predicted a boy for me but I am having a girl
  • Mine predicted girl and my a/s said girl. But I'm going for a follow up ultrasound tomorrow to get some better shots of the heart etc so we'll see what tomorrow says :p
  • Every single chinese gender calendar has been inaccurate for all 4 of my pregnancies. Especially the lunar.
  • According to the calendar on TB, I am having a boy this time and my first was a boy (true). According to the lunar calendar, I am having a girl and my first should have been a girl. We are team green so I guess we will see.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"