August 2015 Moms
Options

Exercise Challenge for the Previously Sick or Lazy

So I swore this pregnancy I was going to exercise and eat right and hopefully as a result, lose weight (NOT by dieting, just being healthy - OB is fine with this as I have some extra fluff). Needless to say, I haven't done either. I have had worse MS this pregnancy than my first, I am 15 weeks and 1 day today and still throw up occassionally, but not like I used to. Now that I am not throwing every single thing I eat up, I am gaining, and much quicker than I would like! SOO, I am going to stop being lazy, and I am going to start to get some exercise back into my life. Anyone else want to join me in an exercise challenge? I am not setting crazy goals, because I feel like that is just setting myself up to fail. My goal for the next week is to work out for 15-30 minutes (depending on how I am feeling) 3 times. I will eventually increase the time/amount of days....but that is my starting point. If you are in, what is your commitment for the next week? We can do a check in a week from today....

Re: Exercise Challenge for the Previously Sick or Lazy

• Options
    I'll join you! My plan is to go lane swimming this weekend and go for 2-3 30 minute walks during the week.
  • Options
    Count me in!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Count me in! Almost 17wk and gained around 8-10lbs already! I worked out tues for an hour, was going to today but too tired lol ugh...
  • Options
    I'll join!! I'm feeling much better now so I really should be able to work out. This could be some extra motivation.
  • Options
    I'm in. I've been trying to swim for 30 mins a few times a week but between the fatigue and sickness I haven't done the best. Now that I'm in second tri and the sickness is easing up, this sounds great!
  • Options
    I'm in too! I've been lazy, but now have more energy. I've also not been great about eating healthier. My goal is to decrease my sugar intake (had gestational diabetes last time) and get in at least two twenty minute work outs.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in! Bought a dvd set for maternity workouts and it just arrived :D haven't gained too much weight, but since my exercise has always been equestrian training, I now have nothing and usually hate regular workouts. So I'm making myself do it. Any other equestrians in the group??
  • Options
    Great idea. Count me in!
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

• Options
    It's something I keep saying to myself, 'when I get home from work I'll do an workout routine or some yoga'. Then I get home and see the couch and it's over!! Haha I think we can do it though!!!
  • Options
    I'm in too! I also bought a couple of videos on amazon and have done them a total of one day. I'm ready to get going!
  • Options
    I'm in! I've felt so tired also but now I'm in my 2nd Tri I better get going! I plan to at least walk 3 times a week and throw in some light weights for arms and squats for legs...let's do this!
  • Options
    I'm in! I had the same mind set going into pregnancy that I was going to continue to be healthy and active (a lifestyle I was working on for about a year prior to becoming pregnant) but the first tri exhaustion was just too much!
    My goal for this week will be to increase my daily steps (I have a fitbit that tracks it for me). My weekly steps have been between 30000-35000, so my goal will be 40,000 for the week! (Prior to pregnancy I was averaging 80000-90000!).
  • Options
    Love this!! I am down! I have a prenatal yoga DVD and gym membership that I need to be using. Lol!
  • Options
    I'm down! I'll have my personal goals set by Monday.
  • Options
    I'm in! I want to work out 3 times this week for 20-30 minutes. I bought some prenatal workout videos and need to use them!
  • Options
    I'm in! My goal this week is to go to spin class 3 times. They are about 50 minutes long each.
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'll join you. I've been doing strength training 3x a week but have really lazy with cardio. I would like to up it to cardio 3x + strength training 3x a week now that I'm not quite as sick and tired.
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"