June 2015 Moms
Options

Happy Thoughts (kumbaya or whatever!)

Having a bad day for no real reason so I figure since we spend a lot of time talking about symptoms, worrying about our babies, and complaining about hormones and MILs (maybe that's just me, lol), I would start a thread about things we are happy about. I know life can always be worse and I just need to remind myself of the positives in my life. 

My positive thoughts for today:
Storage room is almost cleaned out so we can start on the nursery soon.
I'm getting more money for my totalled car than expected.
DH just asked me to go on a Chinese food date tonight :)

Let's hear your happy thoughts!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
♥ Stillborn 2015 

Re: Happy Thoughts (kumbaya or whatever!)

• Options
    We're doing our baby registration tonight and going out to dinner! My fiancé can now feel LO moving on the outside and he's now obsessed with my bump! And... My refrigerator is full of so much good food I can't decide what to make for lunch!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Tomorrow is Friday! And for me, that means no school (my school keeps Fridays open so we can go to workshops and stuff like that if we want)! I do have to go get my glucose test done but other than that I have a free day! :)

ETA also, a little boy at the library where I intern just gave me a box of chocolates for Valentine's day. Kids are the best!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My bf was able to feel a couple kicks last night, I have another ultrasound on Monday and my anniversary is next Wednesday and we're going out for dinner. March is going to be a pretty eventful month for me so I'm excited for that :)
  • Options
    Loving feeling baby kicks all the time and going I dinner with some of my hubby's family who are in town yay not having to cook!!!
  • Options
    KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited February 2015

What a great thread idea! For me, the other day I went outside and heard a birdsong I haven't heard since September or so, hopefully that means that spring will begin to start thinking about coming for a visit soon! In the same vein, 2 days ago it was almost 30 degrees and sunny! That may sound cold to some folks, but up here, where temps in the single digits or below 0 F are fairly normal in the winter, that day was downright balmy! I sat outside (in my coat and boots and hat, but still) in the sun for an hour and half talking to my mom on the phone and watching the clouds scoot across the sky. I love sky watching and I'm looking forward to sharing it with Ewok in the future (clouds, comets, meteors, oh my!).

ETA I also just shared my registry on fb so even tho I will not be getting a shower thanks to being so far away from everyone I know, hopefully I will get some gifts from my friends all over the place

• Options
    @MamaBish thanks for starting, I think this should be one of our other daily threads! For me, my work retreat was this week and most people are traveling today, so I had a nice quiet day at work. And, my commuter train was on time, which is an anomaly this month in New England. Plus, my husband just texted saying he was in our old neighborhood for his monthly haircut and picked up burritos from my favorite place that I never get to go to anymore!
  • Options
    My happy thought is that Saturday my brother comes home from Washington St and we are all as a family going up to the ice castle in northern nh and my nephews are going to flip out!
  • Options
    Great idea @MamaBish !
    Tomorrow is Friday and I have the day off. So my weekend officially starts tomorrow! Woo!! Also, hubby felt the baby kick last night and we had a really nice delirious giggle over it! Super cute and memorable moment of this pregnancy.

Also buying the crib this weekend and starting on the nursery!
    FTM - EDD June 16 2015
  • Options
    A bowl of pasta and Grey's Anatomy :)
  • Options
    I teach and these boys I have known for 3 years finally realized I was pregnant. They saw me walk into their
    Classroom today and started shouting out she is going to have a bab....Then they stopped. I of course confirmed it and told one of them that my baby could be born around his birthday if it was late, he seemed excited about that. They began to ask me all kinds of questions about my l.o. which made me feel special and realize that I must have had an impact on them if they were that curious. It made my day.
  • Options
    @elruby I just ate an entire box of trader joes mac n cheese while wating Greys....lately I feel like it's not a show to watch while being prego!
  • Options
    MCRM14 said:

@elruby I just ate an entire box of trader joes mac n cheese while wating Greys....lately I feel like it's not a show to watch while being prego!

I know what you mean... Grey's is horrible for messing with pregnancies.... But TV is my stress relief regardless :)
  • Options
    ElRuby said:

A bowl of pasta and Grey's Anatomy :)

That sounds glorious. I'm like 2 seasons behind but Grey's is one of my favorite shows when I have time to watch it!
  • Options
    I'm grateful my toddler makes me laugh more than she makes me scream and that her bedtime routine is back to normal. Today I'm also happy that the hubs is home all evening and I can lay in bed (the only place to properly get comfortable) for the rest of the night! Finally, I'm excited for next Friday because I get to have another ultrasound and then have a day date with my honey because he took the whole day off! There's lots to be excited for!
  • Options
    Got home from a long shift. Husband made chili and had allllll the laundry done. Heaven :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"