February 2015 Moms
Options

Spam a day keeps the dr away

how is everyone doing today?
<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

Re: Spam a day keeps the dr away

• Options
    Sleepy. My LO sounds like a wee piggy when she sleeps in the pnp. Hard to sleep.
  • Options
    I second sleepy.

My LO has a blocked tear duct and my H is obsessing over it. Doctor said to just keep cleaning and massaging it but my husband is convinced it'll get infected and wants it better yesterday. Any advice?
    j & m
    married July 2012
    My Angel - Amelia Hope - 3/13/14, 22 weeks
    BFP #2 - 6/10/14     Hoping for our rainbow baby    due February 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pedicure, prenatal massage, daily chiropractor visits, walking, and exercise ball action all attempting to get an outside babe. 40+3 and I really, really don't want to induce!

@anxiousmommy85 that's an adorable description, although I'm sure it's hard to sleep through. Though, you don't have to double check to make sure she's still breathing!

@junebugjam no advice, but I hope your babe gets better soon

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @junebugjam no advice but good luck!

The sleepy dust must be in the water today.
  • Options
    @em4iowa It is kind of adorable and I'd probably get used to the snuffle, snort, grunt number - it's the occasional squeals that wake me, lol. And at least not through the piggy routine, just when she's deep enough out to sleep quiet.

@junebugjam what are you massaging/cleaning it with? H had one once and was told to use tear less baby shampoo to clean the duct with. If you're not already, you could ask your doc if this is safe with a lo.
  • Options
    @anxiousmommy85 right now we're just using a washcloth and warm water. I also read using breast milk could help, but I haven't tried it. Thanks for your advice about the baby shampoo. I'm willing to give it a couple days but I'll definitely ask about it if there's no improvement soon.
    j & m
    married July 2012

• Options

I second sleepy.

My LO has a blocked tear duct and my H is obsessing over it. Doctor said to just keep cleaning and massaging it but my husband is convinced it'll get infected and wants it better yesterday. Any advice?

Just keep cleaning and massaging it. My son had one that didn't go away until his first birthday, so it may be around for a while.
  • Options
    I'm sleepy too. And bored. My freezer is now full of meals to get us through at least two weeks without having to cook, my home is spotless, all CD's are washed and ready and I just want this LO to come out now. I almost wish I was still working just to get some mental stimulation...
    At least watching the nordic ski championships are still kinda entertaining...
  • Options
    Alyllyra said:

I'm sleepy too. And bored. My freezer is now full of meals to get us through at least two weeks without having to cook, my home is spotless, all CD's are washed and ready and I just want this LO to come out now. I almost wish I was still working just to get some mental stimulation...
    At least watching the nordic ski championships are still kinda entertaining...

Love me some fluff!
  • Options
    @maasybaby I just called the doctor too. Dr. Google has me worried that a blocked tear duct can turn into conjunctivitis. His eye was super crusty this morning, but I know that's a symptom of both things so now I just don't know. I feel like I'm turning into the parent that runs to the doctor for everything. Right now I'm waiting on a call back from the doctor before I jump to an appointment. We'll see what she says.
    j & m
    married July 2012

• Options
    My LO started doing this wild battle cry and then completely filled her diaper with poop about 20 mins ago and I'm still laughing about it. Two weeks old and she already has me lmao.
  • Options
    @Mandig990 that's hilarious

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @maryxc1 I know the feeling. At 5 weeks pp (on Sunday) I'm soooooo over it. It seems almost every night I am pealing off my shirt and chucking it across the room because it is soaked.
  • Options
    @maryxc1 the night sweats are killing me! I wake up feeling so gross but I don't have the energy to change. Dirt all, over here.

@tropicbreeze 5 weeks?! I'm not even 2 weeks PP, I still have 3+ weeks of this is to look forward to?
    j & m
    married July 2012

• Options

I second sleepy.

Same here. BF keeps obsessing and making me feel like I'm not doing enough to control it.

• Options
    LO is one week old today and we finally have a chill day at home after 5 days in the hospital. We are getting the swing of night time feelings/pumping and working hard to give special attention to DD. So glad my mom is coming for a week tomorrow. Can't wait to have extra he during the day.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @junebugjam I hope not for your sake. From what I have read on Dr. Google, it is your body's way of getting rid of excess fluid from the pregnancy. Because I was swollen form the pre-e maybe I had more fluid than normal? 

I just have to share with you ladies, we are finally over the thrush!!! My LO is officially back in his cloth diapers!! I'm so excited!!
  • Options
    maryxc1 said:

There is nothing quite like climbing back in to bed after nursing your child in the middle of the night and being greeted by cold wet sheets because of these stinking night sweats. A close second is motivating yourself to get out of bed when you are soaked and the air feels frigid for the same reason.

Woah so night sweats are normal??? I thought I was dying lol
  • Options
    Mandig990 said:

maryxc1 said:

There is nothing quite like climbing back in to bed after nursing your child in the middle of the night and being greeted by cold wet sheets because of these stinking night sweats. A close second is motivating yourself to get out of bed when you are soaked and the air feels frigid for the same reason.

Woah so night sweats are normal??? I thought I was dying lol
    Just another beautiful thing that happens to our bodies PP.
  • Options
    junebugjamjunebugjam member
    edited March 2015
    I'm trying really hard to just savor baby snuggles, but at some point he has to let me put him down so I can sleep, right?

It's all my fault because he was asleep in the PNP and I heard him poop so I changed him. He slept through the change but when I put him back down to sleep it was all over. Since then he's been changed again, fed, and we're going on round 4 of trying to put him down to sleep with no success. I swear he wakes up instantly and starts hyperventilating, but he'll sleep like an angel when I hold him.

Yawn.
    j & m
    married July 2012

• Options

I'm trying really hard to just savor baby snuggles, but at some point he has to let me put him down so I can sleep, right?

It's all my fault because he was asleep in the PNP and I heard him poop so I changed him. He slept through the change but when I put him back down to sleep it was all over. Since then he's been changed again, fed, and we're going on round 4 of trying to put him down to sleep with no success. I swear he wakes up instantly and starts hyperventilating, but he'll sleep like an angel when I hold him.

Yawn.

This is the reason why we gave in and started co sleeping.
  • Options
    @maasybaby not the neighbors, but I'm pretty sure my own husband thinks I'm torturing the baby. I always (90%) change the baby before feeding. Sometimes he tolerates it well and other times he screams. If I come back to sleep he bedroom with him crying, my H will ask me what I did to him.
    j & m
    married July 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"