August 2015 Moms
Options

Anatomy Scan

2»

Re: Anatomy Scan

• Options
    We just scheduled ours for March 26th. I had U/S at 6w, 8w, & 12w due to early MC with last pregnancy but I haven't had one since... I can't wait to see our little boy again! We did the chromosomal blood testing so we know that there are no chromosomal abnormalities but I'm excited for the full scan and measurements. I will be 20w2d for the anatomy scan.
  • Options
    March 12th @19 weeks. I was hoping to do it sooner because my dad was scheduled to have a laryngetomy on March 5th ( I wanted to be able to hear him say it at leat once) but he ended up getting it done 2 weeks ago so I didn't both push to have it done sooner.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mines a day before 19 weeks, March 14, but he wanted it in the 18th week. Can't wait
  • Options
    Im 18 week today and ours is Monday too!!! Can't wait!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    March 11th at 19 weeks! Can't come soon enough!
  • Options
    Me too! St pattys day gender reveal! Im so ecxited to see the baby again. It wull be my 3rd time. I am always amazed to see it moving around. Crazyness.
  • Options
    Mine is scheduled with my doctor on March 19, 20w4d. However, r haven't seen the lil babe since 6w6d, so we are going tomorrow (18w1d) to a private ultrasound office. I can't wait to see what's going on in there!!
  • Options
    We are getting ours done april 13th I will be 21 weeks and 5 days.
  • Options
    23rd of March, I will be 20 weeks by then. I am so excited and don't know how I will be able to wait that long!! I'm so hoping the baby is in a position to tell the sex, fingers crossed...
  • Options
    March 12th!! Can't wait!!
  • Options
    Ladies...we had ours yesterday and everything went well....healthy baby! BUT we have to go back at 22 weeks because some measurements weren't able to be obtained. ...I was 18 weeks on the nose.
  • Options
    March 12th!
  • Options
    Mines the 20th of this month! I'll be ending the 19th week then. FTM and first ultrasound I will be having so I am beyond excited but also slightly nervous. So far my pregnancy has been issue free but im hoping everything alright in there.
  • Options
    mamaloaf said:

We just had ours done this last weekend at 13w 3d and we got to find out we are having a little boy! His little legs were crossed so tight I had to get up move around and poke him a little bit to get him to wake up but he finally let the legs go enough to give us a peek!

That was not your anatomy scan. Sounds like an elective ultrasound. 13 weeks is super early even for that, so hopefully your boy still looks like a boy when you have you AS done in 5-7 weeks.
    Sorry - I thought we were just talking anatomy scans in general. Yes it was elective it was not done at my doctors office. I did however go to my doctors office today and she was able to confirm we are having a boy so it looks like we are in the clear...its a boy! :)
  • Options
    @walterjena we had ours yesterday and the tech couldn't clear the heart because the baby was moving around too much. We have to go back in 7 weeks for them to finish it. Hopefully squirt will cooperate!
  • Options
    @RebeccaL516 that's what we have to get measured again! Our little one was moving a lot but the Dr said it was because the parts weren't refined enough yet....lol I'm just happy we get to see her again.
  • Options
    Ours is on Monday at 19 weeks and 1 day. I was trying to make it for 18 weeks but the nurse suggested to do it at least a few days after to avoid having to go back to get re-measured because 18w was the very minimum they would do it, and if baby was measuring even 1-2 days smaller then that I would have to go back. We already found out the sex but I'm anxious just to confirm baby is totally healthy etc.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

mamaloaf said:

We just had ours done this last weekend at 13w 3d and we got to find out we are having a little boy! His little legs were crossed so tight I had to get up move around and poke him a little bit to get him to wake up but he finally let the legs go enough to give us a peek!

That was not your anatomy scan. Sounds like an elective ultrasound. 13 weeks is super early even for that, so hopefully your boy still looks like a boy when you have you AS done in 5-7 weeks.
    Sorry - I thought we were just talking anatomy scans in general. Yes it was elective it was not done at my doctors office. I did however go to my doctors office today and she was able to confirm we are having a boy so it looks like we are in the clear...its a boy! :)
    What they are referring to when they say "anatomy scan" is a specific ultrasound done where they examine and measure your baby's organs and check for any abnormalities or issues. It's longer than usual ultrasounds because they are measuring and documenting every part of your little one. They measure it's bones, they check all the parts of the brain, the heart chambers, kidneys, etc. "Anatomy scan" and "ultrasound" are different terms for different things.
  • Options
    We had our anatomy scan yesterday. It was our 6th ultrasound so far and now I'm scheduled to go back every 2 weeks due to my bicornuate uterus being so pronounced.
    Baby looked healthy though! Still a boy and growing fast! He's up to over a half pound now and everything looked perfect except that they want to keep an eye on one of his kidneys.
  • Options
    Mine is March 27, I'll be 17.4 weeks. We already know it's a girl from the blood test. I hope she will be big enough for full anatomy scan at 17 weeks!
  • Options

mamaloaf said:

What they are referring to when they say "anatomy scan" is a specific ultrasound done where they examine and measure your baby's organs and check for any abnormalities or issues. It's longer than usual ultrasounds because they are measuring and documenting every part of your little one. They measure it's bones, they check all the parts of the brain, the heart chambers, kidneys, etc. "Anatomy scan" and "ultrasound" are different terms for different things.
    Well I feel like a total dummy now! Haha Thank you so much for clarifying! Clearly I'm just overly excited about it being a boy LOL
  • Options
    March 20th!
    Mommy to 5, 1st time Gestational Carrier
    Transfers #1-4  2013/2014 all same DE, all CP
    Transfer #5 11/16/14, new DE, transferred two fresh 5-day blasts
    Beta  9dp5dt - 296     Beta 15dp5dt - 6,596!     TWINS!! due 8/4/15
    Admitted to hospital for preterm labor and 5cm dilated at 32 + 6
    Delivered healthy baby girls vaginally at 36 + 4
    Baby A 6lb10oz born at 11:58pm
    Baby B 6lb11oz born at 12:04am
    (different birthdays!)
  • Options
    Just had ours today and it's a BOY! I have to go back in two weeks to check his spine because he was not moving from his back whatsoever, he looked perfect otherwise. I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow!
  • Options
    Mine is scheduled for March 24th, but we went to the doctor yesterday and it's almost clear as day that we are having a little girl =) no sign of a penis! Lol I was 17 weeks yesterday.
  • Options

March 23rd!! I will be exactly 20 weeks. It feels like forever! I cannot wait!! :)

Always hold on to hope ❤
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"