April 2015 Moms
Options

something positive about your significant other

There have been a few posts lately about people complaining about their husbands/boyfriends etc. Let's share something positive about them or something we are thankful that they do. After all, we are with them for a reason!

I'm thankful for how supportive my husband has been through my moods and slowing down. I'm also very thankful that before he gets in bed he asks if I have to pee and helps me roll myself out of bed when I do.

Re: something positive about your significant other

• Options
    This is a good post! My husband is amazing, I've been on bed rest for a few weeks now and he's handled everything by waiting on me hand and foot, checking on me when he's at work, and not resenting me for not being able to work! My emotions have been up and down, but he's comforted me through everything, i know he's extremely stressed out about finances but he always reassures me everything's gonna be okay
  • Options
    My hubby went out the other day for a food I was craving and the place was closed so he brought back 2 different items so I could have my pick...I was so happy! I also love how he comes home from work, kisses me and then my belly--can't wait to see him with our little boy/girl!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love that my husband looks forward to playing music for the baby at night (I have BellyBuds) If I need help with anything he does it without hesitation. He carried in all of our Shower gifts single handedly even after a terrible day at work and then happily sorted through all of it with me. I'm so excited to share this experience with him :)

Love to read positive threads on here!
  • Options
    I love the fact that he loves my daughter as much as he loves his own daughter. We treat them no different and they both know they're loved dearly by the both of us. 

• Options
    My husband is my best friend. We've been together for 14 years and will celebrate 7 years of marriage on Saturday. He is an amazing father. So patient and so kind. My daughter and I are very lucky to have such a wonderful man in our lives. 
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options
    My husband is amazingly supportive in so many ways I can't even explain. Even said how he will take care of my "down there" area after the baby lol I told him that was very sweet but no thank you!
  • Options
    My husband is such a great dad to our daughter. I travel a lot for my job and he picks up a lot of slack at the house. I am so thankful he is such an active and loving father/husband. He is also a very hard worker and makes a very good living to support us.
  • Options
    My husband never complains about how many pillows end up in our bed every night. :x I assume they get in his way while I toss and turn but he just nicely puts them on the other side of me until morning.
  • Options
    My husband is so sweet and kind. He is always telling me to sit down and relax. He also started doing more chores around the house. This is super cute because he doesn't do them well but it's the thought that counts! He also gave up alcohol for the whole pregnancy :) 

Me: 26 DH: 29
    3/13: Miscarriage
    11/13: Ectopic Pregnancy-removal of 1 fallopian tube

BFP: 8/21/14 

Moses born by emergency C-section 4/23/2015

It's a Boy!

• Options
    My fiance is not only amazing to myself but also our two girls. He shows them how a man should treat a women. He and I are very sarcastic to each other and are constantly laughing, but we have no problem being open to one another. He is patient with me even in the intament areas of our relationship now that I am very pregnant things have gotten awkward and... hairy but we still make it work, we just have fun exploring different ways to be intament. I could not ask for a better man to have a family with.
  • Options
    My husband has been amazing throughout this whole pregnancy.
    I haven't been able to sleep in the bed for the past few months so I sleep on the couch, and even though it hurts his back, he sleeps with me every night.
    He makes me dinner on nights that I work late, cleans the house (not well but the thought is there!), and most importantly he makes me stop and relax!
    He's my best friend and I'm so lucky to have him!
  • Options
    My favorite thing about my fiancée is that he never gets upset that I always want Steak 'n Shake all the time. My one craving for my whole pregnancy. I think we eat there at least 3 times a week lol
  • Options
    My fiance has been amazing this entire pregnancy (it's the first baby for both of us) but today he took the cake. TMI alert: The last few days I've been struggling with hemorrhoids and had been using OTC remedies at my doctors suggestion but they only got worse. I went into the doctor this morning and ended up being referred to general surgery since they had thrombosed. Through it all, he kept me calm and listened while I asked both doctors many questions to make sure our baby would be fine through it all. He held my hand the entire time and is supportive of the fact that I'll be off work until next week. I just feel incredibly lucky that he was there to support me. It sounds like we're all lucky women to have these men in our lives.
  • Options
    My husband does a lot for me but he did just as much before pregnancy but now he helps me out of bed he gets me whatever food I ask for he kisses me then my belly every morning and every night I'm so excited to see him with our first child she's going to have him wrapped around her fingers
  • Options
    My SO is so sweet. He always makes sure the freezer is stocked with my favorite ice cream and has been very helpful around the house with the cleaning and cooking (although I did complain that he doesn't clean to my standards- I feel so bad to have even complained about that!)

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I loved reading everyone's posts! Thank you all so much for sharing stories about your significant others :) We are definitely some very lucky ladies!
  • Options
    He had a patch of seeming not so helpful (and he still is a bit with the cleaning!)
    But he's gotten a lot more enthusiastic and genuinely seems keen to help me if i need it, gives me lots of affection <3 , cooks almost everything at the moment and has been very wary of my GD too.
  • Options
    Just want to say first that I love this post!

My husband is an amazing man! He is so helpful with everything. He cooks most every night and helps with the cleaning. He is so sweet and caring. He loves on me and rubs my baby bump every night. He talks to our baby too. This is the first baby for both of us and to see how excited he is, just melts my heart. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life and I can't wait to see how is is going to be with our little one.
  • Options
    My husband is amazing. We have to reactive rescue dogs and he gets up every morning and walks both of them (they can't go together) so I can sleep more. He never complains that I'm not
    Cleaning, and always does the chores around the house now!
  • Options
    @BabyIxolib my husband is in the same situation and did close to the same thing! They're so sweet. I hope you husband will be home for the baby's arrival.
  • Options
    My husband is the only one who works. We have 2 other children. Since week 4 I have been severely sick and unable to get out of bed (until week 17) so he started doing all the laundry, cleaning, cooking etc. Even though I am much more mobile now, he still does it all without me even asking. I also get full massages nightly. He truly is wonderful
  • Options
    My husband gets up 3-5 times a night with our ten month old every night! (If she gets up more than that I get up and help because he has work) he rolls me out of bed and rubs my back and my feet a lot too.
    He also has helped with cooking dinner once or twice a week. He is military and was gone for my whole pregnancy with my daughter so I feel like he is doing everything way over the top to make up for the fact that he was gone last time.
  • Options
    My husband has been amazing too. I have been on modified bed rest since Jan 7th and strict bed rest since Feb 19th. He has done all the laundry, dishes and errands. He calls to check on me from work and makes me feels special. My shower is this weekend so he is going to the maternity store to buy me a dress so I feel pretty! I am so lucky! My son or daughter will have a wonderful father!!! Team green....it is a surprise!
  • Options

There have been a few posts lately about people complaining about their husbands/boyfriends etc. Let's share something positive about them or something we are thankful that they do. After all, we are with them for a reason!

I'm thankful for how supportive my husband has been through my moods and slowing down. I'm also very thankful that before he gets in bed he asks if I have to pee and helps me roll myself out of bed when I do.

There are so many positive things I could say about my husband. I think most notably he has come with me to every single OB appointment I have had so far! It is something he really wanted to do and I am so thankful that he is so involved. He has been really kind and involved in so many ways.
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Options
    My husband and I both work full time, and since being pregnant he cooks for us every work night, and packs our lunches. I am so thankful for him picking up the slack without ever saying anything about it and being not only supportive, but encouraging of me taking it easy after work. I will be forever thankful.
    < Pregnancy Ticker >
  • Options
    Hooray for wonderful partners. My husband cooks, cleans, takes care of our son and tells me how beautiful I am every day. There is no greater thing than being married to your best friend.
  • Options
    My husband is amazing and I'm a lucky lady to have him. He waits in me hand and foot all the time. He sleeps on the couch when I snore really loudly so he doesn't have to make me up. He cleans the house all the time and always brings me back ice cream from the store. He even painted my toe nails last weekend. He's the best and I can't wait to make him a father. :)
  • Options
    My husband is the best thing that could ever happen to me!!!! M 32 weeks today n my doc said, ive had a perfect pregnancy so far. Honestly, I owe it all to him!
  • Options
    My husband is wonderful as well. He went with me today to interview our potential nanny, and when I thanked him for coming along, he said, "well, she's my baby, too!" I love that he is willing to share responsibility with me on everything. Plus, he does a great job of making me feel special!
  • Options
    I would have to second your comment. I too am on bed rest and my husband has been fabulous with me. He is such a great support
  • Options
    My husband is amazing! He feeds and takes out our fur babies in the morning after PT before he leaves for work (he's military so he has a couple of hours in between) so I can sleep. When he comes home for lunch, he will take out whatever he wants for dinner and get it thawing and usually every night I can coax him into a back rub or foot rub! :) I don't know what I would do without him honestly!
  • Options
    I love this post!! I am so grateful how hard my husband works for our family that allows me to be a stay at home mommy!!!
  • Options
    My husband was in ICU last week for 7 days. I'm thankful that he's home again. Life is precious. The whole experience reminded me of how temporary the discomforts of pregnancy are and how important the support of a loving companion is.(him for me and me for him.) He's wonderful to me. Right now he's recovering and we are optimistic he will regain the strength he needs in time for baby boy's arrival.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"