3rd Trimester
Options

Babies R' Us registry issues. Anyone else?

There's been some weird things going on with my BR'US registry and was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.

I noticed that items have been coming off of my registry and showing as purchased but then a week or so later then go back onto my registry as unpurchased. I checked my Rewards R' Us account and the items show as purchased there.

I called customer service with my issue and they couldn't figure out what happened and was no help at all. They couldn't confirm if the items were in fact purchased since they are showing on my rewards r' us account or not. I'm nervous that I'm going to have a ton of duplicate gifts because of their system issues.

Anyone else have similar issues with BR'Us? Did you get a ton of duplicate gifts?

Re: Babies R' Us registry issues. Anyone else?

• Options
    I registered with target because I heard a lot of bad things about the registry there. I don't know personally, but I heard people say the customer service is bad and returns. Good luck so sorry!
  • Options
    I have heard some other complaints with women receiving items from their registry in pink when they selected blue, etc. None from personal experience, but I am registered there so I hope all turns out ok! I heard the women had no troubles with exchanges or returns.

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually heard very bad things about the return policy with Target registries. Without a receipt or gift receipt you can only make like 1 or 2 returns a year. And lets be honest, we will all register for things we end up not needing or the baby doesn't use. Ive heard BRU is better about returns without receipt. I have had things go onto the registry in a color other than what I scanned, but the problem was easily fixed online. Other than that my registry has been great!
  • Options
    idk but everything at babies r us is so expensive when you can get the same thing at Walmart or target soooo much cheaper
  • Options

idk but everything at babies r us is so expensive when you can get the same thing at Walmart or target soooo much cheaper

Just a heads up- Babies R Us does price matching. So if you don't want to go to multiple places you can just go there. You just need to have proof of the lower price- I bought something at BRU that was cheaper at Target, so I just pulled up the Target website and showed them the item on my phone and they gave me the lower price. You can also print the item beforehand or bring a flyer if you don't have a smartphone.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

You'll also notice that the UPC label is different between Target/Walmart and Babies R Us because the products, while the models are the same, are actually different. BRU requires more inspection points than the other two. This is why when items are recalled often it will be ".... sold at Target" and not those from BRU. Not a big deal for clothing or small items but for anything with safety concerns, I wouldn't skimp.
  • Options
    I had a few problems with their registry. We registered in store. When I went online it had several of the same item but in different colors so I had to go through and delete a lot of stuff. In addition I notice items become unavailable I'm guessing because of new Barcode or whatever so I have to go through and delete the old and add the new ones however that isn't often and I created mine when I was about 5 months and started buying stuff. I've heard the return process on other people have been difficult but I believe it might depend on the store since mine will let me return anything bought on registry without reciept for a full year after edd if in original condition. That includes diapers. Prices also depending on what you are getting are about the same other then on sheets and stuff like that. Plus I told everyone that I don't mind getting stuff from anywhere as long as it has good reviews and if they could include receipt.
  • Options

I had this very same experience. My parents ended up buying a crib for my baby because it showed that it wasn't purchased...but a couple weeks ago when I looked it showed purchased (we bought it around Christmas.)

It was not a reliable registry at all. We had our shower this weekend so after that I took inventory and went thru and updated it. Hopefully that helps with what we still need.

• Options
    Same issue the other day but our rewards points disappeared as well!
  • Options
    The only problem I had with them was that only 1 item showed up as purchased even though several things had been bought.
    I also did walmart and the while situation there was a nightmare!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"