June 2015 Moms

Need help please

So I'm 26 weeks & my baby kicks alot wen I'm trying to sleep
Does that mean I'm scushing her or is she hungry??
It's my first baby someone please help

Re: Need help please

• I don't know if this is a real question or not, but I'm going to answer and suggest that this thread be left alone to fall off the front page.

No, you are not "scushing" her and she is not hungry. Babies in the womb get all that they need from you, they do not get hungry. She is safe and secure in there, you cannot squish her. Babies tend to sleep during the day when they are being swayed due to mom walking and moving around. At night, when you are still, they tend to wake up and move around. It is totally normal.
      Blessed Mama to the sweetest boy in the world (11/9/13), one angel baby, and two fur babies: Mattie Dog and Stanley Cat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Chula94 said:

So I'm 26 weeks & my baby kicks alot wen I'm trying to sleep

QFP. ... I just had to
  • @thepalindromicone, Thanks! I totally forgot, I'm so out of the habit.
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• So I'm 26 weeks & my baby kicks alot wen I'm trying to sleep
    Normal. Baby kicks are easier to feel when you aren't moving. You are not squishing her. Eat if you are hungry, she will be fine. I understand it's your first baby, this is mine as well, but I suggest you do some research because if you need to ask this question, then you will no doubt have a billion more questions later on in pregnancy and after baby is here. There are countless websites, books, videos and other resources.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Babies kick at lot when you're still. A lot of it is because you're still and can notice the movement more. It would behoove you to get a pregnancy book or two and read up on what's happening in your body. It will help ease your mind. Being a FTM is not an excuse for not educating yourself, I'm one too.

Be careful @finchfeeder80I got reported and warned for suggesting to someone that they read a pregnancy book. The Bump does not advocate educating oneself about their body or their pregnancy. 

Also OP - I suggest that if you're really worried and "need help" that you consult with a medical professional, which none of us are. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @catalinasmama, in case you've forgotten (I know you're not new!), from 12PM-1PM on Thursdays is our hour of silence for our loss moms. If you'd like to show support, you can head on over to https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12541072/2-26-hour-of-board-silence-12-1-est-for-june-loss-mommas-candle-thread#latest, but otherwise, please refrain from posting to show respect for these ladies. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @karaelaine1991 - I am new, actually.  In fact, I just posted a discussion 2 days ago and the first line stated:  "I'm new."  You commented on this post.  https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12540355/bump-com-drama#latest

I just signed up with the Bump last week and this is the first I'm hearing about the 12-1 silence.  I had 10 replies last Thursday, and never once saw anything regarding this silence.  I would never want to show any disregard or disrespect to mamas who have had a loss, so I will definitely keep this in mind moving forward.  I will point out that you are also in violation of that silence, and your response could have waited until after 1pm, (as mine has).  I do thank you for the head's up, though.  :)
    No worries... there wasn't one last week (I don't think) since we had only been doing it when there was a loss that week. Thanks for your participation in the Candle Thread!
  • edited February 2015

@karaelaine1991 - I am new, actually.  In fact, I just posted a discussion 2 days ago and the first line stated:  "I'm new."  You commented on this post.  https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12540355/bump-com-drama#latest

I just signed up with the Bump last week and this is the first I'm hearing about the 12-1 silence.  I had 10 replies last Thursday, and never once saw anything regarding this silence.  I would never want to show any disregard or disrespect to mamas who have had a loss, so I will definitely keep this in mind moving forward.  I will point out that you are also in violation of that silence, and your response could have waited until after 1pm, (as mine has).  I do thank you for the head's up, though.  :)
    My mistake - I had seen you posting so often recently that I forgot that you weren't here before that. Sorry! As for my post, I'm far from the first to call people out during the moment of silence and direct them to the proper thread. It's to prevent the candle thread from becoming invisible due to excessive posting and to make those who aren't aware of it, aware of it so they can participate. Again, sorry for not realizing that you were new, guess it just means you've done a great job of joining in with the community! :)

ETA also, thanks for participating in the thread once you realized it existed! I'm sure it meant a lot to our loss moms!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"