April 2014 Moms

Speaking of bottles...

I breastfeed during the day, but caroline has a night time bottle of 3oz of formula.
I'm wondering what we'll do when she turns a year? I would love to be done with the bottle by then. Should we just do an evening sippy of milk before bath?

Re: Speaking of bottles...

• With ds I switched to a cup of milk during bedtime story shortly after he turned one. I had gotten rid of the daytime bottles by 11 months. I hope to do the same this time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm wondering the same thing. I bought some homo milk yesterday to start with LO during snack time. He still needs a lot of practise with the sippy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep an evening sippy instead of the bottle. We've started offering the sippy regularly to get her used to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With ds I switched to a cup of milk during bedtime story shortly after he turned one. I had gotten rid of the daytime bottles by 11 months. I hope to do the same this time around.

I think this is what is confusing me about getting rid of the bottles. Do you just offer a sippy throughout the day and with meals? I'm worried about hydration and nutrition. Are you as aware of ounces at this point? Luckily she loves her cup but I'm nervous about the transition because I'm so used to counting ounces.
    BabyFruit Ticker

I think this is what is confusing me about getting rid of the bottles. Do you just offer a sippy throughout the day and with meals? I'm worried about hydration and nutrition. Are you as aware of ounces at this point? Luckily she loves her cup but I'm nervous about the transition because I'm so used to counting ounces.
    Ds was on formula. I switched the same amount he got in a bottle to a sippy cup at the same time he used to get the bottle. So the exact same nutrition just a different container. I only gave water with meals in a different sippy. Once he switched to cow milk I lowered the amount of oz a little, and by 14-18 months or so the strict schedule was gone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Ds was on formula. I switched the same amount he got in a bottle to a sippy cup at the same time he used to get the bottle. So the exact same nutrition just a different container. I only gave water with meals in a different sippy. Once he switched to cow milk I lowered the amount of oz a little, and by 14-18 months or so the strict schedule was gone.
    We're on formula too. That makes sense. I'm making it more difficult than it needs to be. As usual!! Thank you!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks for the feedback everyone. I feel better prepared now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"