August 2015 Moms
Options

Lovely new symptoms!

This is probably far tmi but I'm looking for advice or anything from other to be or current Mommy's! I have had zero sickness or anything first trimester but now am having painful bowel movement and have realized that I now only at almost 16 weeks have hemmoroids. It has scared me although I know it is very common. Is anyone else having problems like this? I eat an incredible amount of fruits vegetables daily and my water intake is now 120 + fl oz a day!

Re: Lovely new symptoms!

• Options
    Sorry, but it comes with the territory. Try to be kind to your bummy get yourself some wipes and prep h itch cream. It sounds like you are doing the best that you can on the other end. Just be patient with your self, take deep breathes and don't push too hard.
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

• Options
    Thanks ! I am that's why I was suprised it happened so I guess fiber metamucil intake will start happening because the Doctor today was like I'm not sure what to do now, I can't give you anything I have, it all has steroids. Just seeing if there's any natural helpful remedies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I find that apples, apple juice, prunes and citrus drinks get things moving. I also drink a cup of coffee a day. Even with daily BM's they are very stubborn, IDK how pregnant ladies with LO deal with this problem, its horrible having to be in the bathroom for that amt of time.
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

• Options
    I find that apples, apple juice, prunes and citrus drinks get things moving. I also drink a cup of coffee a day. Even with daily BM's they are very stubborn, IDK how pregnant ladies with LO deal with this problem, its horrible having to be in the bathroom for that amt of time.

Trust me, it is LOADS of "fun" having a toddler who wants to come and ask lots of questions as you are trying to go. I will try to put a show on and then use our downstairs bathroom with the door open so I can hear him (it is very close to where he is), and often I end up with him and the dog in the nice small bathroom with me. **OP, I was having major issues so I finally broke down and called my Dr. They said I could do Miralax and then stool softeners. I did the Miralax the first day just because it was so bad and I have been taking 2 CVS brand stool softeners before bed with my pre-natal (says you can take up to 4). I have found that just taking the softeners at night really has helped tremendously.
  • Options
    I had hemorrhoids with my first pregnancy, never terrible but definitely uncomfortable and a little scary.  I took a fiber supplement every day (and started with one right off the bat with this pregnancy) and that seemed to help.  Even though prior to taking it I was eating fiber rich food and drinking tons of water, that alone didn't seem to work.  This pregnancy I have also been drinking a small cup of coffee every morning and have really seen fewer issues with constipation.  Even when not pregnant, a little bit of caffeine seems to get things moving!  Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm attempting to avoid caffeine but I think tomorrow I'll start a tiny glass here and there.
    May I ask what you took? Or was it similar to Metamucil?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"