November 2015 Moms
Options

Intro (so nervous! )

Hi all:

My name is Amanda and I'm 27. I tested positive last Sunday (tested super early but I am so inpatient! ) supposedly I am due 11/4. My DH and I are so excited but I can't help being nervous. As an RN I've worked with a ton of moms with early losses and I'm afraid to say that it has made me really pessimistic about the first trimester. I had been feeling really nauseous for a few days but not so much the last day or so. My tests (ok so I may still be testing compulsively) are still very much positive though.

Any words of advice or comfort for a first timer?

Re: Intro (so nervous! )

• Options
    Hi and congrats! I'm a nervous nelly, too. On and off nausea is normal! Try to relax and trust that everything is ok, even though I know that's easier said than done! When is your first doc appt?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same due date and totally understand! I just keep reminding myself that there's literally nothing I can do. What is meant to happen will happen
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You speak my language. I am a nurse too and have the same fears. I also had all these symptoms during my 2ww and now not so much
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! That really helps :) I had put off making an appointment since I didn't want to be disappointed if I had to cancel (not sure my theory on that one). I've reached out to a CNM group that I want to go with though, so I'm hoping to hear back soon. Fingers crossed and sending good thoughts to you all!
  • Options
    I havnt made an appointment either cause I'm also cautious about it being so early. And I was kinda on and off nauseous for two days and now...nothing. Good luck to you and its sounds like we're in the same boat :)
  • Options
    Congrats! Just try and relax. It's mostly out of your control so just know that today you are pregnant and try not to stress too much about the future. I'm sure it will be fine!!! Good luck mama!
  • Options
    I'm also not making an appointment yet since its so early. And my DH's insurance changed and I've lost my amazing OB and I'm in denial about having to switch. I had a horrible stomach bug on Monday and have been on and off nauseous ever since. I assumed it was just residual from the virus but DH encouraged me to test yesterday and I was in shock it was a BFP. Now the waves of nausea make a lot more sense.
    Peanut BFP 9.18.2009 EDD 5.23.2010 m/c 10.16.2010
    DD#1 BFP 4.28.2010 EDD 1.10.2011 born 12.27.2010
    DS BFP 8.29.2012 EDD 5.11.2013 born sleeping @ 17 weeks 12.1.2012
    DD#2 BFP 5.7.2013 EDD 1.11.2014 born 1.10.2014
    Jelly Bean BFP 2.25.2015 EDD 11.7.2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options
    Congrats! My best advice and one I try to live by. Today you are pregnant.  Enjoy it!!!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Options
    I got my BFP also this past week and I'm due around nov 5. I know how you all are feeling. I am an RN myself and I am so worried about the first trimester and all the bad things. I have some challenges already including type 1 diabetes and hypothyroid but I am gonna stay positive!!! It hasn't really hit me yet!! I'm just having breast tenderness, back pain at times and cramping on and off
  • Options
    Same boat!!!!
  • Options
    Congrats! Im so nervous too! We got this ladies! 
  • Options
    jab0524 said:

I got my BFP also this past week and I'm due around nov 5. I know how you all are feeling. I am an RN myself and I am so worried about the first trimester and all the bad things. I have some challenges already including type 1 diabetes and hypothyroid but I am gonna stay positive!!! It hasn't really hit me yet!! I'm just having breast tenderness, back pain at times and cramping on and off

Hi ladies! I have not introduced myself yet for the fear of jinxing anything as I am nervous as can be! Congrats to you all!!

Jab0524 my heart just skipped a beat reading your post! Lol. I am also a type 1 diabetic (27 years) and was just started on thyroid meds this week. I'm sure we are gonna have a lot to talk about on this journey. Congrats! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"