April 2015 Moms

serious back pain.

I am nearly 34weeks pregnant have some serious back pain that painful i cant even stay easy or comfy at all any 1 that could tell me if its early labour or what cause i was like this on my last baby and was in slow labour but as the say every pregnancy aint the same.

Re: serious back pain.

• Loading the player...
  • I am right there with you!! I also have been having terrible back pain. With my first I had back labor but only recalled it on the day I gave birth. I would think the best thing to do would be to call your doctor just to make sure. My doctor has just told me to just pay attention to it, and mine is so consistent and doesn't go away so I assume mine is just back pain from pregnancy.
  • I had back labor. The back pain was consistant with the contractions. In other words... if your back hurts and your stomach tightens at the same time... go to your L&D.
  • I don't understand why people keep on posting these questions. We are not doctors! If you have concerns, call your doctor. Simple as that.
  • Obviously she knows we're not doctors. These forums are based on experiences and similar occurrences. What's the point in being rude to someone who is seeking advice? I don't get it. Most people know if symptoms are unbearable call a doctor rather than sit on a board and wait for people to respond..
  • gennag30 said:

Obviously she knows we're not doctors. These forums are based on experiences and similar occurrences. What's the point in being rude to someone who is seeking advice? I don't get it. Most people know if symptoms are unbearable call a doctor rather than sit on a board and wait for people to respond..

Such a white knight you are. What was your advice to her based on your experience and similar occurrences again?
  • Sad life to live putting down others on social networks.
  • Nobody put anyone down.  We simply told her to ask her doctor if she's having that much pain and that it is impossible for us to know if she's in labor.
  • Again why are the same mean girls here making fun of everybody's questions . Everyone knows to call your doctor if it's serious . Sometimes you call your doctor and you wonder if they're right and you want to know if anybody else is having a similar experience And what their Dr. might've said. Feedback from other people that have had similar experiences can be really helpful that's why most people use anonymous Internet sites. :) i've been having a lot of back pain too with some contractions in my stomach and my doctor seems to think it's no big deal and I shouldn't worry about it.
  • maybe you should try having a poo.
  • Again why are the same mean girls here making fun of everybody's questions . Everyone knows to call your doctor if it's serious . Sometimes you call your doctor and you wonder if they're right and you want to know if anybody else is having a similar experience And what their Dr. might've said. Feedback from other people that have had similar experiences can be really helpful that's why most people use anonymous Internet sites. :) i've been having a lot of back pain too with some contractions in my stomach and my doctor seems to think it's no big deal and I shouldn't worry about it.

I think that is the point. Your doctor seems to think it's no big deal.... You asked your doctor when you thought something might be wrong. Yes, the site is great to talk about shared symptoms and experiences and had she said "this is what is happening to me, my doctor said xyz but I'm still concerned" or "is that what everyone else's dr said" it would be different. But she didn't. She asked the question as if she hadn't talked to a doctor and she thought she might actually be in labor which is pretty worrisome.

• Wait, what is the point in having that doctor if you "wondering" they are right.....i mean is that not why you are paying them?
  • I'm 32 weeks and my back has been hurting me for a few weeks now, it doesn't necessarily mean you're in labor unless you have other symptoms of labor too. Remember that all your ligaments are relaxed and stretching, that even means in your back, and also you're off balance and compensating for more weight in front, so your back is probably hurting from that. Mine hurts a ton after a long day of standing or bending over, a warm bath and laying on the couch does wonders though.
  • If you are crowd sourcing medical advise because you think your doctor's wrong you should find a doctor you trust.

Any question that contains "am I in labor" should ALWAYS be followed up with "did you ask your doctor". It's not rude, no one is being a mean girl. It's honestly the best way to get an answer to your question.
  • I was having back pain from about 27 weeks and was worried that I would have to stop working it was so bad I couldn't sit in one position for more than a few minutes. I went to see a chiropractor. Best decision if my pregnancy. Highly recommend doing it, all of the pain has gone, plus I'm seeing him right up to the birth as he is helping to make sure my pelvis is in the right position for baby to be in the right position too. Chiropractors can be some what controversial so your doctor may not recommend this. However I would give it a try, if you don't like it don't go back. My chiropractor has been using 'the Webster method' it's very gentle and has made a HUGE difference to how my body feels. Hope it works out for you :) x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"