April 2014 Moms

What's for Dinner?

I really don't know what to make for dinner...help me out ladies-what should I make?

Re: What's for Dinner?

• I'm still deciding. I might do fresh tomato soup and grilled cheese

Yesterday was chickpea tacos, the day before was turkey stroganoff over rice and green beans.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Left-over slow cooker pulled pork with steamed broccoli here. Tomorrow is turkey enchilada casserole.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is working late so I will most likely have the other half of the sub that I had for lunch. DS probably will have noodles and sausage and DD scrambled egg and some baby food puree. All leftovers that I will just warm up. Super exciting right?
  • Left over Chinese takeout
  • Left over Chinese takeout

This sounds way better to me than it should
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • meatloaf and mashed potatoes!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Chicken fingers and fries. Frozen from a box. It's "cheap week" around here!
  • AnnH74AnnH74 member
    edited February 2015
    Ok...I think I've decided to make creamy chicken lasagna roll ups. I hope it settles in everyone's tummy ok after being sick the last couple days. I guess we will see. Thanks for all the ideas!!

• I thawed out chicken thighs so I guess I'll have to go ahead and make chicken and dumplings.  It's a process, and DH won't be home for another hour.  Yuck.
  • smushi said:

I thawed out chicken thighs so I guess I'll have to go ahead and make chicken and dumplings.  It's a process, and DH won't be home for another hour.  Yuck.

Mm... I want what you are having. I'll be over in like 15 hours lol

• DH is working late so frozen pizza for me. Not sure about dd....I'll think of something
  • Chicken and dumplings are made.  All fingerprints are gone.

I can join the FBI now I suppose.
  • We had a gift card to longhorn so went out before it starts snowing tonight. Tomorrow is roast in the crock pot day. I love crock pot day
  • We had shepherds pie and kale salad :) when planning dinner do you like to plan for the week or day by day? We always try to plan ahead but it never works, I always forget what we planned...even if I write it all out!
  • Jacks92 said:

We had shepherds pie and kale salad :) when planning dinner do you like to plan for the week or day by day? We always try to plan ahead but it never works, I always forget what we planned...even if I write it all out!

I make a list of all the available meal options and post it on the fridge. Then I can choose the day of based in what I feel like, what I have time to make, etc. It's stopped me from rummaging through the fridge and freezer like a maniac!
  • Jacks92 said:

We had shepherds pie and kale salad :) when planning dinner do you like to plan for the week or day by day? We always try to plan ahead but it never works, I always forget what we planned...even if I write it all out!

I make a list of all the available meal options and post it on the fridge. Then I can choose the day of based in what I feel like, what I have time to make, etc. It's stopped me from rummaging through the fridge and freezer like a maniac!
    That's a great idea! I'll try that after we get groceries :)
  • I usually have a menu made out and then shop according to the menu. My DS and DH were sick a couple days so I had to change plans a little bit. Recently though I've been having a hard time coming up with ideas. DH has some dietary restrictions and doesn't like a lot of other things, so it makes the puzzle a little more difficult.
  • I plan per week, but boy do I hate doing it. At least doing it once a week makes the rest of the week less painful, but when I think about a lifetime of meal-planning....ugh. I think personal meal-planner (I don't even mind the cooking) is making its way onto my never-gonna-happen dream list.
  • I need to start meal planning again. DH does our grocery shopping now so I need to plan ahead rather than on the fly like I used to do when I did the shopping

• We usually rotate the same old boring stuff just to keep it quick and easy. On Sundays we usually cook up a bunch of chicken, rice, pasta, and maybe a soup to eat throughout the week. I keep lots of frozen veggies and greens on hand for quick salads too. So we don't have to spend precious time during the week cooking. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"