Breastfeeding
Options

Deciding to stop?? Need thoughts...

I have been breast feeding fit a little over 9 months. I have been supplementing for the past 2. I am at the point where I am nursing for the first feed, and pumping the rest of the day. I am producing maybe 12 ounces. 6 for the first feed and maybe 6 the rest of the day. My question is....is there any way I could stop pumping but maintain my morning feed? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Deciding to stop?? Need thoughts...

• Options
    I'm not sure, but I thought it was a supply and demand thing so if the feeding schedule changes your body will adjust accordingly within a few days.
    happily married since 2009, SAHM
    diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
    Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
    Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
    Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016
  • Options
    Normally, your body will adjust and keep making some milk in the morning if that's when you are always nursing. 
    However, everyone's body responds differently so there's a chance that you notice that with emptying your breasts less often throughout the day, your supply drops lower than you would like. 
    Many moms drop the pump and continue to nurse morning and night for a long period time, so it's totally possible. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some people can. My son is 14 months. I been nursing only twice a day for 4 months. But I have heard others have supply issues.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    I have a question similar to this one. I have About 300 oz at least of frozen milk and LO is 9 months; if I stop pumping during the say(2 pumps) will my body still make enough for her on weekends when she is ebf? The catch is she has also recently started to refuse all bottles at daycare. She eats 2-3 purée/cereal meals a day as well but I know before 1 food is just for fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"