2nd Trimester
Options

need advice please... weight gain....

arduaaaarduaaa member
edited February 2015 in 2nd Trimester
So I'm 25 weeks and my last appt was 2 weeks ago. I weighed 34lbs I should only gain 25-35 but I already gained all of it I started to get on the treadmill now for 30min. I'm not active barely workout but I've been startin to for 30min should I go longer? My doc seems a lil concern jus cuz I'm gaining it fast. I don't work so I stay at home alot anyone else have a problem with gaining to muchh don't really know what to do since I've gained soooo much should I walk on the treadmill longer than 30min is that safe? I jus don't wanna over do it since I didn't work out before. And I'm jus starting to now... very worried also worried cuz i have the glucose diabetes test comin up scared I won't pass any advice or anyone been through this before? This is my first pregnancy!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    If you weren't exercising regularly before you were pregnant, then you probably shouldn't do more than half an hour for a while. But I would ask your doctor what they recommend. I ask mine every month if there's something I should stop doing.
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd start at 15 minutes twice a day instead just because you weren't exercising before. Eventually, you could up it to 30 minutes once a day if it's going well. Definitely keep your doctor informed though. Also, increasing your fruits/veggies multiple times a day can help you feel more satisfied and help you keep from eating other things that could be less healthy options.
  • Options
    Definitely talk with your doctor. The American College of Sports Medicine exercise guidelines recommend a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate intensity cardio per week (equals 30 min 5x a week), but you can break it up however you want: 3x10 min sessions, 2x15 min sessions, 1x30 min session. I believe your doctor will tell you not to let your heart rate get above a certain rate (140 bpm?), but the stronger you get, your heart rate will start to lower. When 30 minutes start to feel "easy", you can probably increase the time, but make sure you're cleared to do so. I'm a certified personal trainer and speak from experience with postnatal women, but everyone is different and adjusts differently to exercise during their pregnancy. I also believe the Bump has fitness/exercise articles on the site too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"